In the event of loss or damage to your property, you should report the claim immediately. In addition, you should take steps to protect it from further damage. After a covered loss, we reimburse the reasonable expenses you incur to protect your property from further covered damage. Some ways you can mitigate damage include:
- Shutting off the water after a plumbing leak
- Securing your home after a burglary
- Calling the police after a theft
- Calling the fire department
- Moving or protecting property to prevent further damage
Check your Chubb policy for additional details and speak to your claim examiner once you file your claim.