For an optimal site experience, we recommend using a different browser.
Using Internet Explorer may prevent you from accessing Chubb.com, and some site features may not function as expected.
Chubb's Miscellaneous Professional Liability policy is designed to provide comprehensive coverage for a wide variety of professional service industries.
- Coverage available on an admitted basis in most states
- Policy may be tailored to meet the specific coverage needs of your professional services firm
- Sound claims handling by an experienced team of miscellaneous professional liability claims professionals
- Broad definition of Wrongful Act, with the ability to manuscript the definition of Professional Services
- Broad definition of Damages, including:
- Prejudgment and post-judgment interest on that part of any judgment paid
- Punitive and exemplary damages and the multiplied portion of any multiple damage award, where allowed
- Broad definition of Insured, including:
- The entity and its subsidiaries
- Any past or present principal, partner, officer, director, trustee, employee, or general or managing partner or principal (if the entity is a partnership)
- Independent contractors who are natural persons when performing professional services on behalf of the entity and its subsidiaries
- $5,000 sublimit for reimbursing Insured for attendance at hearings, depositions, etc. ($250 per day maximum)
- Duty to defend covered claims, not just "suits"
What is Miscellaneous Professional Liability Insurance?
Learn more about MPL insurance and why it’s something your company may need.
- Maximum capacity is $20 million
Most professional service providers offering services to a third party; targeted classes include:
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Claims Adjusters
- Travel Services
- Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
- Property Managers