Living in pandemic times, employers are keeping a close watch on infections and safety measures. However, let’s not forget that accidents and naturals disasters are dangers that continue to plague the Asia Pacific region.
In fact, employers who weave a safety net for their workforce by providing Group Personal Accident Insurance are demonstrating commitment to the health and safety of their employees.
Let’s look at the different trends populating this landscape.
4 trends impacting employers’ need for group personal accident policies
1. China Daily, 24 January 2021 - https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202101/24/WS600cd127a31024ad0baa4a62.html
2. What’s New in 2020 for the OSHA Regime in Korea by Kim & Chang - https://www.kimchang.com/en/insights/detail.kc?sch_section=4&idx=21803
3. Market Insight by Clyde & Co, 24 July 2020 - https://www.clydeco.com/en/insights/2020/07/raising-penalties-for-occupational-safety-and-heal
4. Ministry of Labour, 7 November 2020 - https://www.mol.go.th/en/news/deputy-labour-minister-says-tosh-is-ready-to-drive-workplace-safety-measures-for-the-thai-workforce/
5. Malaymail, 2 November 2020 - https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2020/11/02/bill-to-amend-occupational-safety-and-health-act-tabled-for-first-reading/1918586
6. The Straits Times, 19 March 2021
7. IndustriALL Global Union, 1 July 2019 - https://www.industriall-union.org/indonesian-unions-fight-for-health-and-safety-at-work
8. Safe Work Australia - https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/statistics-and-research/statistics/fatalities/fatality-statistics
9. World Health Organization, 7 February 2020 - https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/road-traffic-injuries
10. Bangkok Post, 11 November 2020 - https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/2017727/road-accidents-biggest-health-crisis#:~:text=Thailand's%20roads%20are%20the%20deadliest,show%20no%20sign%20of%20abating.
11. World Health Organization - https://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/key_facts/VIP_key_fact_3.pdf
12. Bangkok Post, 11 November 2020 - https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/2017727/road-accidents-biggest-health-crisis#:~:text=Thailand's%20roads%20are%20the%20deadliest,show%20no%20sign%20of%20abating.
13-15. World Health Organization, 7 February 2020 - https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/road-traffic-injuries
16-18. ReliefWeb, a service by OCHA (United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs).
© 2022 Chubb. All rights reserved.
No part of this article may be reproduced in any written, electronic, recording, or printed form without written permission of Chubb.
Disclaimer - All contents of this article are intended for general information/guidance purposes only and not intended to be an offer or solicitation of insurance products or personal advice or a recommendation to any individual or business of any product or service. This article should not be relied on for legal advice or policy coverage and cannot be viewed as a substitute to obtaining proper legal or other professional advice, or for reading the policy documents. You should read the policy documents to determine whether any of the insurance product(s) discussed are right for you or your business, noting different limits, exclusions, terms and conditions apply in each country or territory, and not all cover is available in all countries or territories.
Contact us to find out how we can help you get covered against potential risk
Global Client Executive
O: +61 3 96237204