As a company that handles personal information, Chubb Insurance Japan (hereinafter referred to as the Company) is deeply aware of the importance of protecting personal information, properly handles personal information (as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 1 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as Personal Information Protection Act ) and individual numbers (as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 5 of the Act on the Used of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures (hereinafter referred to as My Number Act) as well as specific personal information (as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 8 of the same act; hereinafter, personal numbers and specific personal information are collectively referred to as Specific Personal Information Etc.) in compliance with Personal Information Protection Act, My Number Act, other related laws and regulations, Guidelines for Protection of Personal Information in the Finance Sector, and other guidelines, and continuously reviews and improves, as necessary, the measures for security management and the policies listed below.
* “Personal information” and “personal data” in the following items 1. through 10. mean those excluding Specific Personal Information Etc. For handling of Specific Personal Information Etc., please see 5. onward below (excluding 7.).
- Acquisition of Personal Information
The Company acquires personal information in a lawful and fair manner to the extent necessary for recruitment activities. Specifically, personal information is acquired through resumes, curriculum vitae, job applications, and other documents necessary for hiring procedures (including input on the internet). In addition, the Company may use and/or acquire Cookie to identify individuals who access the Company’s website through the internet.
When handling personal information on the internet, the Company uses SSL, an encrypted communication protocol, in order to send and/or receive personal information securely.
- Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company uses acquired personal information only to the extent necessary for the following purposes.
When changing purposes of use, the Company will notify individuals of details of the change or announce them on the Company’s website etc.
(1) To provide information on company information sessions, seminars, etc. and to take applications
(2) To provide information on recruitment of officers/employees, to take applications, to contact job applicants concerning selection etc., and to perform administrative tasks
(3) To determine whether a job applicant is suitable for the position they have applied for
(4) To provide information on hiring date, documents that a job applicant should submit before joining the Company, pre-employment medical examination, etc.
(5) To manage employment after a job applicant joins the Company
(6) For other businesses related to or incidental to employment selection etc.
When handling personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve of the purposes of use, the Company shall obtain the consent of job applicants except in the cases listed in items of Article 16, Paragraph 3 of Personal Information Protection Act.
- Provision of Personal Data to Third Party
The Company will not provide personal data (as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 6 of Personal Information Protection Act) to a third party without consent of the individual, except in the following cases:
（1）When required by applicable laws and/or regulations;
（2）When providing personal information to a third party vendor within the scope necessary for recruitment activities; and
（3）When sharing personal information with our group companies for joint use (for details, please see “7. Joint Use of Personal Information with Group Companies”).
- Handling of Sensitive Information
The Company will not acquire, use or provide to a third party sensitive information (including “special care-required personal information”) out of personal information concerning job applicants, except where required to ensure proper business operation, such as acquiring, using or providing to a third party such information to the extent necessary to execute business based on the content of the person.
(*) Sensitive information means the following information:
- Race, creed, social status;
- Medical history, health, sex life;
- Criminal record, fact of having suffered damage by a crime;
- Membership of a labor union;
- Family origin, permanent address; and
- Other personal information handling of which requires special care so as not to cause unfair discrimination, prejudice or other disadvantages to the person.
- Handling of Specific Personal Information Etc.
Purpose of use of Specific Personal Information. Etc. is limited by My Number Act. The Company will not acquire and/or use such information beyond the scope necessary to achieve its purpose. In addition, we will not provide such information to a third party except where permitted by My Number Act.
- Outsourcing Handling of Personal Data and Specific Personal Information Etc.
The Company may outsource handling of personal data and Specific Personal Information Etc. within the scope necessary to achieve purposes of use. When outsourcing handling of personal data and Specific Personal Information Etc. to a vendor, the Company will establish vendor selection criteria and conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of the vendor, such as checking their information management scheme, in advance.
- Joint Use of Personal Information with Group Companies
(Specific Personal Information Etc. are not subject to joint use.)
The company and its group companies will share personal data for joint use under the following conditions for the purpose of unified management by officers and employees in the group companies.
(1) Items of personal data: address, name, telephone number, e-mail address, gender, date of birth, and other information acquired for recruitment
(2) Managed by: Chubb Insurance Japan
* For information on the Company’s group companies to share information with, please see Scope of Group Companies at the end of this document.
- Safety Management of Personal Data and Specific Personal Information Etc.
In order to prevent leakage, loss, or destruction of personal data and Specific Personal Information Etc. and to otherwise manage safety of personal data and Specific Personal Information Etc., the Company will take sufficient security measures, including developing manuals and a safety management implementation mechanism, and comply with and continuously improve these measures.
The personal information of those who are decided to be hired will be managed as officer/employee information for employment management purposes. The personal information of other individuals will be kept for a certain period of time after recruitment activities and then disposed of or deleted in an appropriate manner.
Please note that the Company will not return any documents submitted concerning application.
- Notification, Disclosure, Correction, Utilization Cease, Etc. of Matters Concerning Retained Personal Data Under Personal Information Protection Act
To request notification, disclosure, correction, utilization cease, etc. of matters concerning retained personal data under Personal Information Protection Act, please contact the Company at the contact point provided in the following “10. Inquiries about Recruitment Activities” via email.
The Company will verify the identity of the person making the request and ask them to fill out the form prescribed by the Company. We will then carry out the procedures and respond in writing, in principle, at a later date.
- Inquiries about Recruitment Activities
The Company will appropriately and quickly respond to complaints and consultations regarding handling of personal information and Specific Personal Information Etc. For inquiries and consultations regarding handling of personal information and Specific Personal Information Etc. concerning recruitment activities and regarding retained personal data, please contact the following:。
Chubb Insurance Japan Human Resources Dept.
Address: Garden City Shinagawa Gotenyama, 6-7-29 Kita-shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-8679
(Scope of Group Companies)
The Company’s group companies in “7. Joint Use of Personal Information with Group Companies” refer to Chubb Limited, our parent company, and its subsidiaries as well as the Company’s subsidiary (*) and affiliated companies.
(*) Subsidiary of the Company:
Chubb SSI Japan