Now that many of us are working from home (WFH), are you feeling isolated from your colleagues and missing your daily interactions? Here are 5 tips to continue your interactions and make work from home fun!
Showcase your Workspace – After you have settled on your workspace, decorate it if you have the space and compete on who has the cleanest or messiest desk!
• Introduce your new co-workers. They can be your loved ones or your pet. Bring them to your online meeting with your colleagues!
• WFH Cribs – Show your teammates a room in your house you spend the most time in!
• Breaks – share the breaks that you have been taking e.g. enjoying a vision break by looking out from your balcony or your rooftop.
The cleanest workspace.
This co-worker sleeps on the job!
• Have a theme – Get creative with your meetings by having a theme e.g. Mad Hatters Day
• Pantry chats – Have a separate WhatsApp group / Microsoft Teams chat where people can come on to just chat about anything! Just like how you would if you bump into each other in the office!
• Play a game e.g. organize a team call, have a drink and have each colleague share three things about oneself, of which two are real and one is false. The others will then make a guess on which one is false.
• Dress up for your meetings! Your team could have a common theme, e.g., Polka dots, something yellow, sunglasses – use your imagination!
• Holiday Dress Up – With travelling restricted, we can at least dress like we’re on a holiday, right? Beachwear for a beach holiday?
Steve Crouch, Chubb’s Country President in Malaysia, is all dressed up in something yellow for his team meeting.
• Continue having team lunches together by eating together over lunchtime!
• Have a lunch competition on who can make the fanciest/healthiest lunch to bring to the meeting. Get your colleagues drooling over your food.
• Schedule a Happy Hour and drink a toast to the week. Work from Home is different, but it can be fun with a cold drink.
• Birthday celebrations don’t have to stop. Deliver a birthday cake to the birthday girl/boy and celebrate!
No part of this article may be reproduced in any written, electronic, recording, or printed form without written permission of Chubb.
@2022 Chubb. The contents of this document are for informative purposes only and do not constitute advice. Please review the full terms, conditions and exclusions of our policies to consider whether they are right for you. Coverage may be underwritten by one or more Chubb companies or our network partners. Not all coverages and services are available in all countries and territories. Chubb® and its respective logos, and Chubb. Insured.SM are protected trademarks of Chubb.
Contact us to find out how we can help you get covered against potential risks