Living in pandemic times, employers are keeping a close watch on infections and safety measures. However, let’s not forget that accidents and naturals disasters are dangers that continue to plague the Asia Pacific region.
In fact, employers who weave a safety net for their workforce by providing Group Personal Accident Insurance are demonstrating commitment to the health and safety of their employees.
Let’s look at the different trends populating this landscape.
1. China Daily, 24 January 2021 - https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202101/24/WS600cd127a31024ad0baa4a62.html
2. What’s New in 2020 for the OSHA Regime in Korea by Kim & Chang - https://www.kimchang.com/en/insights/detail.kc?sch_section=4&idx=21803
3. Market Insight by Clyde & Co, 24 July 2020 - https://www.clydeco.com/en/insights/2020/07/raising-penalties-for-occupational-safety-and-heal
4. Ministry of Labour, 7 November 2020 - https://www.mol.go.th/en/news/deputy-labour-minister-says-tosh-is-ready-to-drive-workplace-safety-measures-for-the-thai-workforce/
5. Malaymail, 2 November 2020 - https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2020/11/02/bill-to-amend-occupational-safety-and-health-act-tabled-for-first-reading/1918586
6. The Straits Times, 19 March 2021
7. IndustriALL Global Union, 1 July 2019 - https://www.industriall-union.org/indonesian-unions-fight-for-health-and-safety-at-work
8. Safe Work Australia - https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/statistics-and-research/statistics/fatalities/fatality-statistics
9. World Health Organization, 7 February 2020 - https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/road-traffic-injuries
10. Bangkok Post, 11 November 2020 - https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/2017727/road-accidents-biggest-health-crisis#:~:text=Thailand's%20roads%20are%20the%20deadliest,show%20no%20sign%20of%20abating.
11. World Health Organization
12. Bangkok Post, 11 November 2020 - https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/2017727/road-accidents-biggest-health-crisis#:~:text=Thailand's%20roads%20are%20the%20deadliest,show%20no%20sign%20of%20abating.
13-15. World Health Organization, 7 February 2020 - https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/road-traffic-injuries
16-18. ReliefWeb, a service by OCHA (United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs).
No part of this article may be reproduced in any written, electronic, recording, or printed form without written permission of Chubb.
@2022 Chubb. The contents of this document are for informative purposes only and do not constitute advice. Please review the full terms, conditions and exclusions of our policies to consider whether they are right for you. Coverage may be underwritten by one or more Chubb companies or our network partners. Not all coverages and services are available in all countries and territories. Chubb® and its respective logos, and Chubb. Insured.SM are protected trademarks of Chubb.
Contact us to find out how we can help you get covered against potential risks