With many of us spending a lot more time at home due to the current environment, it may be a good time to get on top of those cleaning jobs you've been putting off. Here’s a quick checklist that can help you freshen up your home and help protect it against the outside elements.
1. Clean gutters and downpipes. This will help water flow easily, so it won’t get backed up and damage your house.
2. Check your roof for damage, and get it repaired as soon as possible.
3. Wash windows and screens inside and out. Screens should be taken outside, then rinsed thoroughly with soap and water. If screens are damaged, repair or replace them.
4. Vacuum or clean the lint from your clothes dryer. Built-up lint can cause a fire.
5. Check trees around the house to make sure they’re not too close to power lines, and call a tree service to trim them back if they are.
6. Have air conditioners checked and cleaned to keep them running efficiently.
7. Check the ground around the foundation of your house and re-grade it away from the house if necessary. This can help keep water overflows away from the house and prevent water damage.
8. Make sure there are no leaks or drafts around doors or windows. If there are, seal them with caulking.
This content is brought to you by Chubb Insurance New Zealand Limited (“Chubb”) as a convenience to readers and is not intended to constitute advice (professional, financial or otherwise) or recommendations upon which a reader may rely. Any references to insurance cover are general in nature only and may not suit your particular circumstances. Chubb does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and any insurance cover referred to is subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions set out in the relevant policy wording. Please obtain and read carefully the relevant insurance policy before deciding to acquire any insurance product. A policy wording can be obtained at www.chubb.com/nz-en through your broker or by contacting any of the Chubb offices. Chubb makes no warranty or guarantee about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the content. Readers relying on any content do so at their own risk. It is the responsibility of the reader to evaluate the quality and accuracy of the content. Reference in this content (if any) to any specific commercial product, process, or service, and links from this content to other third party websites, do not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation by Chubb and shall not be used for advertising or service/product endorsement purposes. ©2020 Chubb Insurance New Zealand Limited Company No. 104656 FSP No. 35924. Chubb®, its logos, and Chubb.Insured.SM are protected trademarks of Chubb.