With many of us spending a lot more time at home due to the current environment, it may be a good time to get on top of those cleaning jobs you've been putting off. Here’s a quick checklist that can help you freshen up your home and help protect it against the outside elements.
1. Clean gutters and downpipes. This will help water flow easily, so it won’t get backed up and damage your house.
2. Check your roof for damage, and get it repaired as soon as possible.
3. Wash windows and screens inside and out. Screens should be taken outside, then rinsed thoroughly with soap and water. If screens are damaged, repair or replace them.
4. Vacuum or clean the lint from your clothes dryer. Built-up lint can cause a fire.
5. Check trees around the house to make sure they’re not too close to power lines, and call a tree service to trim them back if they are.
6. Have air conditioners checked and cleaned to keep them running efficiently.
7. Check the ground around the foundation of your house and re-grade it away from the house if necessary. This can help keep water overflows away from the house and prevent water damage.
8. Make sure there are no leaks or drafts around doors or windows. If there are, seal them with caulking.