Living in pandemic times, employers are keeping a close watch on infections and safety measures. However, let’s not forget that accidents and naturals disasters are dangers that continue to plague the Asia Pacific region.
In fact, employers who weave a safety net for their workforce by providing Group Personal Accident Insurance are demonstrating commitment to the health and safety of their employees.
Let’s look at the different trends populating this landscape.
1. China Daily, 24 January 2021 - http://english.scio.gov.cn/pressroom/2023-03/02/content_85137664.htm
2. Increase Responsibility to Prevent Workplace Accidents, Kim & Chang, 25 March 2021 - https://www.kimchang.com/en/insights/detail.kc?sch_section=4&idx=22887
3. Asia-Pacific Employment Law Bulletin 2023, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, page 37 - https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=1ae18373-510e-4da6-8a60-df9576757bf3
4. Hong Kong to reform workplace health and safety regime, Pinsent Masons, 14 June 2022 - https://www.pinsentmasons.com/out-law/analysis/hong-kong-to-reform-workplace-health-and-safety-regime
5. Work health and safety, Australian Government, 7 March 2023 - https://business.gov.au/risk-management/health-and-safety/work-health-and-safety#:~:text=Under%20WHS%20laws%20you%20must,extreme%20weather%2C%20but%20some%20do.
6. IndustriALL Global Union, 1 July 2019 - https://www.industriall-union.org/indonesian-unions-fight-for-health-and-safety-at-work
7. Action against errant companies, Ministry of Manpower - https://www.mom.gov.sg/workplace-safety-and-health/safe-measures/action-against-errant-companies
8. Employers must keep abreast of changes to occupational safety law, New Straits Times, 16 January 2023 - https://www.nst.com.my/opinion/letters/2023/01/870898/employers-must-keep-abreast-changes-occupational-safety-law
9. Ministry of Labour, 7 November 2020 - https://www.mol.go.th/en/news/deputy-labour-minister-says-tosh-is-ready-to-drive-workplace-safety-measures-for-the-thai-workforce
10-11. United Nations, https://unglobalcompact.org/take-action/safety-andhealth
12. World Health Organization, 7 February 2020 - Road Traffic Injuries
13. Bangkok Post, 11 November 2020 - https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/2017727/road-accidents-biggest-health-crisis
14-16. World Health Organization, 7 February 2020 - Road Traffic Injuries
17. Natural Disasters & Water Stress Threaten Asia-Pacific, Vision of Humanity
18-19. ReliefWeb, a service by OCHA (United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs).
Anda memiliki pertanyaan atau membutuhkan informasi lebih lanjut? Hubungi kami untuk mengetahui bagaimana kami dapat membantu Anda terlindungi dari potensi risiko yang dihadapi