This Songkran Festival, many of us will be on the road for hours to visit our family, for a short getaway, or both. Here are some important to-do and tips to help keep you and your family safe on the road:
Before the road trip
1. Get your car, especially these parts, checked and serviced:
• Engine oil and oil filter
• Spark plugs
• Shocks, lights, brakes and tires
• Radiator, heater and bypass hoses
• Timing belt
• Auto transmission and/or power steering fluid
• Windscreen wipers and wiper fluid
• Air filter and cabin filter
2. Plan the drive ahead of time and be familiar with alternate routes.
3. Ensure your car is insured.
4. Keep all necessary documents, such as your driver’s license and insurance certificate, handy. Make sure to have enough amount of toll fees or top up your M Pass, Easy Pass or M-Flow if you have registered already.
5. Make sure your GPS is updated.
6. Pack a roadside emergency kit.
Contact us to find out how we can help you get covered against potential risks