Within the Asia Pacific region, companies committed to being Employers of Choice are creating safety nets for their workforce including the provision of a Group Personal Accident policy.
There are four trends that are pushing for this provision:
4 Trends Impacting Employers’ Need for Group Personal Accident Policies
1. http://www.xinhuanet.com, 5 December 2017
2. South China morning Post, 14 March 2017
3. Bangkok Post, 7 April 2017
4. http://www.humanresourcesonline.net, 8 May 2017
5. Straits Times, 29 April 2018
6. http://www.hrmonline.com.au, 5 October 2017
7. In the XXI World Congress on Safety and Health at work 2017 held in Singapore, the estimates showed a global increase in work related deaths up to 2.78M from 2.33M in 2014.
8. Global Estimates of Occupational Injuries and Work-Related Illnesses 2017 (WSH Institute Singapore & Ministry of Social A airs and Health Finland)
9. World Health Organization report on Road Safety in 2017
10. Global Road Safety Partnership - https://www.grsproadsafety.org
11. World Health Organization report on Road Safety in 2017
12. Global Road Safety Partnership - https://www.grsproadsafety.org
13-15. ReliefWeb, a service by OCHA (United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian A airs).
This content is brought to you by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (“Chubb”) as a convenience to readers and is not intended to constitute advice (professional or otherwise) or recommendations upon which a reader may rely. Any references to insurance cover are general in nature only and may not suit your particular circumstances. Chubb does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and any insurance cover referred to is subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions set out in the relevant policy wording. Please obtain and read carefully the relevant insurance policy before deciding to acquire any insurance product. A policy wording can be obtained at www.chubb.com/au, through your broker or by contacting any of the Chubb offices. Chubb makes no warranty or guarantee about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the content. Readers relying on any content do so at their own risk. It is the responsibility of the reader to evaluate the quality and accuracy of the content. Reference in this content (if any) to any specific commercial product, process, or service, and links from this content to other third party websites, do not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation by Chubb and shall not be used for advertising or service/product endorsement purposes. ©2020 Chubb Insurance Australia Limited ABN: 23 001 642 020 AFSL: 239687. Chubb®, its logos, and Chubb.Insured.SM are protected trademarks of Chubb.
We keep you informed – and your business protected – with these helpful articles.