Living in pandemic times, employers are keeping a close watch on infections and safety measures. However, let’s not forget that accidents and naturals disasters are dangers that continue to plague the Asia Pacific region.
In fact, employers who weave a safety net for their workforce by providing Group Personal Accident Insurance are demonstrating commitment to the health and safety of their employees.
Let’s look at the different trends populating this landscape.
1. China Daily, 24 January 2021 - http://english.scio.gov.cn/pressroom/2023-03/02/content_85137664.htm
2. Increase Responsibility to Prevent Workplace Accidents, Kim & Chang, 25 March 2021 - https://www.kimchang.com/en/insights/detail.kc?sch_section=4&idx=22887
3. Asia-Pacific Employment Law Bulletin 2023, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, page 37 - https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=1ae18373-510e-4da6-8a60-df9576757bf3
4. Hong Kong to reform workplace health and safety regime, Pinsent Masons, 14 June 2022 - https://www.pinsentmasons.com/out-law/analysis/hong-kong-to-reform-workplace-health-and-safety-regime
5. Work health and safety, Australian Government, 7 March 2023 - https://business.gov.au/risk-management/health-and-safety/work-health-and-safety#:~:text=Under%20WHS%20laws%20you%20must,extreme%20weather%2C%20but%20some%20do.
6. IndustriALL Global Union, 1 July 2019 - http://www.industriall-union.org/indonesian-unions-_ght-for-health-and-safety-at-work
7. Increasing the maximum _nes for breaches for WSH Act subsidiary legislation, Ministry of Manpower - https://www.mom.gov.sg/workplace-safety-and-health/heightened-safety-period/increasing-themaximum-_nes-for-breaches-for-wsh-act-subsidiary-legislation
8. Employers must keep abreast of changes to occupational safety law, New Straits Times, 16 January 2023 - https://www.nst.com.my/opinion/letters/2023/01/870898/employers-must-keep-abreastchanges-occupational-safety-law
9. Ministry of Labour, 7 November 2020 - https://www.mol.go.th/en/news/deputy-labour-minister-saystoshis-ready-to-drive-workplace-safety-measures-for-the-thai-workforce/
10-11. United Nations, https://unglobalcompact.org/take-action/safety-andhealth
12. World Health Organization, 7 February 2020 - https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/road-trac-injuries
13. Bangkok Post, 11 November 2020 - https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/2017727/road-accidents-biggest-health-crisis#:~:text=Thailand's%20roads%20are%20the%20deadliest,show%20no%20sign%20of%20abating
14-16. World Health Organization, 7 February 2020 - https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/road-tra_c-injuries
17. Natural Disasters & Water Stress Threaten Asia-Pacific, Vision of Humanity, https://www.visiono_umanity.org/more-natural-disasters-and-water-stress-threaten-asia-paci_c/
18-19. ReliefWeb, a service by OCHA (United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs).
This content is brought to you by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (“Chubb”) as a convenience to readers and is not intended to constitute advice (professional or otherwise) or recommendations upon which a reader may rely. Any references to insurance cover are general in nature only and may not suit your particular circumstances. Chubb does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and any insurance cover referred to is subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions set out in the relevant policy wording. Please obtain and read carefully the relevant insurance policy before deciding to acquire any insurance product. A policy wording can be obtained at www.chubb.com/au, through your broker or by contacting any of the Chubb offices. Chubb makes no warranty or guarantee about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the content. Readers relying on any content do so at their own risk. It is the responsibility of the reader to evaluate the quality and accuracy of the content. Reference in this content (if any) to any specific commercial product, process, or service, and links from this content to other third party websites, do not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation by Chubb and shall not be used for advertising or service/product endorsement purposes. ©2020 Chubb Insurance Australia Limited ABN: 23 001 642 020 AFSL: 239687. Chubb®, its logos, and Chubb.Insured.SM are protected trademarks of Chubb.
Contact a broker today.