Living in pandemic times, employers are keeping a close watch on infections and safety measures. However, let’s not forget that accidents and naturals disasters are dangers that continue to plague the Asia Pacific region.
In fact, employers who weave a safety net for their workforce by providing Group Personal Accident Insurance are demonstrating commitment to the health and safety of their employees.
Let’s look at the different trends populating this landscape.
4 trends impacting employers’ need for group personal accident policies
1. China Daily, 24 January 2021 - https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202101/24/WS600cd127a31024ad0baa4a62.html
2. What’s New in 2020 for the OSHA Regime in Korea by Kim & Chang - https://www.kimchang.com/en/insights/detail.kc?sch_section=4&idx=21803
3. Market Insight by Clyde & Co, 24 July 2020 - https://www.clydeco.com/en/insights/2020/07/raising-penalties-for-occupational-safety-and-heal
4. Ministry of Labour, 7 November 2020 - https://www.mol.go.th/en/news/deputy-labour-minister-says-tosh-is-ready-to-drive-workplace-safety-measures-for-the-thai-workforce/
5. Malaymail, 2 November 2020 - https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2020/11/02/bill-to-amend-occupational-safety-and-health-act-tabled-for-first-reading/1918586
6. The Straits Times, 19 March 2021
7. IndustriALL Global Union, 1 July 2019 - https://www.industriall-union.org/indonesian-unions-fight-for-health-and-safety-at-work
8. Safe Work Australia - https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/statistics-and-research/statistics/fatalities/fatality-statistics
9. World Health Organization, 7 February 2020 - https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/road-traffic-injuries
10. Bangkok Post, 11 November 2020 - https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/2017727/road-accidents-biggest-health-crisis#:~:text=Thailand's%20roads%20are%20the%20deadliest,show%20no%20sign%20of%20abating.
11. World Health Organization - https://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/key_facts/VIP_key_fact_3.pdf
12. Bangkok Post, 11 November 2020 - https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/2017727/road-accidents-biggest-health-crisis#:~:text=Thailand's%20roads%20are%20the%20deadliest,show%20no%20sign%20of%20abating.
13-15. World Health Organization, 7 February 2020 - https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/road-traffic-injuries
16-18. ReliefWeb, a service by OCHA (United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs).
Published Jun, 2021
© 2017 Chubb. All rights reserved.
No part of this article may be reproduced in any written, electronic, recording, or printed form without written permission of Chubb.
Disclaimer - The content of the above article is not intended to constitute professional advice. Although all content is believed to be accurate, Insurance Company of North America (A Chubb Company) makes no warranty or guarantee about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the content of this article. Users relying on any content do so at their own risk.
Contact us to find out how we can help you get covered against potential risk.