Cleaning your house regularly can help to maintain good hygiene, keep it in good condition, and protect its value.
Here’s a quick checklist that can help you freshen up your home and help protect it against risks of fire or water damage.
1. Check your roof for damage, and get it repaired as soon as possible.
2. Check your kitchen, toilets or air conditioning piping. If there are any leaks, do fix it promptly before it leads to further water damage.
3. Vacuum or clean the lint from your clothes dryer. Built-up lint can cause a fire.
4. Have air conditioners checked and cleaned to keep them running efficiently.
5. Remove all clutter. Keeping your home clutter free can help prevent any unintended sources of fuel for flames to spread in the event of a fire.
6. Clean your cooking appliances including the stove-top, cooker hoods and ovens clean and free of greases.
7. Check the condition of wires. Frayed wires or cracked cords should be replaced or repaired by licensed electricians.
"What to do when a fire breaks out? How to prevent fires in homes? Some tips from SCDF", The Straits Times
If you would like to find out more on how you can protect your home, leave your contact details via the ‘Contact Me’ button below and our representatives will get in touch with you.
Get a quote online or leave your contact details and our representatives will get in touch with you.