- Chubb LifeBalance provides you with the Health Score and various health, wellbeing and similar information (collectively the “Information”) compiled based on the details specified by you, such as personally identifiable information, as more specifically defined in the Personal Data legislation including but not limited to certain clinical health data, family history, tracked activities, and your lifestyle (the “Personal Data”). The Information generated by Chubb LifeBalance is for information purposes only. The Information is not intended to substitute the expertise and judgment of any doctor, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. Making a reliable medical diagnosis, treating any medical condition and administering any drug therapy require the involvement of independent informed healthcare professionals. In case of any specific questions regarding the treatment and care of a medical condition, you need to contact your professional healthcare provider.
- You are granted a revocable, non-transferable licence for personal and non-commercial use of Chubb LifeBalance. You shall not sublicense, distribute, lease, loan, convey or otherwise transfer Chubb LifeBalance or any portion thereof to anyone without the Company’s prior written consent. This license agreement may be terminated at any time or suspended where you have been inactive or not logged into Chubb LifeBalance for a period determined by the Company. The Company neither warrants the accuracy or accessibility of Chubb LifeBalance and reserves all other rights.
- The form and nature of Chubb LifeBalance may change from time to time without prior notice to you. In addition, the Company may at any time suspend (permanently or temporarily) operating Chubb LifeBalance or any features within Chubb LifeBalance towards you or towards users generally and may not be able to provide you with prior notice. We also retain the right at our sole discretion and at any time without prior notice to you to impose limits on the data storage allocated to you and hosted on behalf of the Company during your use of Chubb LifeBalance for storing and processing your health data, tracking data and photos that you upload.
- We reserve the right at all times (but we will not have an obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any Information or Personal Data and to terminate users or reclaim user names. We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve and disclose any Information or Personal Data to the extent we reasonably believe it is necessary to:
(a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
(b) enforce these Terms, including investigations of a potential violation thereof;
(c) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
(d) respond to user support requests; or
(e) protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, its users and the public. Accounts that are inactive for more than six months from the date it was last used may be suspended without prior notice.
- You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access your account and for any actions taken by using your password. For data security purposes, the Company requires you to use “strong” passwords (i.e., passwords combining upper and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols). The Company is not liable for and disclaims any responsibility for any damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements. In case you change your e-mail address or forget your password, please contact the Company at the address of your jurisdiction below (which is subject to identity verification) before recovering your account
- There are limitations on the use of Chubb LifeBalance. These limitations comply with legal requirements and aim to protect users from abuse and to make the use of Chubb LifeBalance the best possible experience for all users. We may need to change these rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so. No abuse of Chubb LifeBalance will be tolerated. Any violation of these rules may lead to a temporary or the permanent suspension of all related accounts. Accounts created to circumvent the suspended accounts will also be permanently suspended for the following:
(a) Unlawful Use: You shall not use Chubb LifeBalance or any Information provided for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of any illegal activities. International users are required to comply with all applicable local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
(b) Unauthorized Access: You shall not do any of the following while accessing or using Chubb LifeBalance: (i) access, tamper with or use non-public areas of Chubb LifeBalance (except for your own account), the Company’s computer systems or the technical delivery systems of our providers; (ii) probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures; (iii) attempt to access or search Chubb LifeBalance or any Personal Data by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces; or (iv) interfere with or disrupt, or attempt to do so, the access of any user, host or network.
(c) Respect for Privacy of Third Parties: You shall not disclose other people’s health, wellbeing and similar personal data without their express authorization and permission.
(d) No Reproduction: You shall not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell Chubb LifeBalance content and its design and look or any Information derived from Chubb LifeBalance. You are not entitled to modify or redistribute Chubb LifeBalance content including its design and look or any Information, or to reproduce, store, link, frame or deep-link it on any other app/website or in any other medium or format without our prior written consent.
(e) No Malware: You shall not provide any malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer or to compromise a user’s privacy.
(f) No Modification: You shall not (i) circumvent or bypass any technological protection measures in or relating to the Chubb LifeBalance; (ii) disassemble, decompile, decrypt, hack, emulate, exploit, or reverse engineer any software or other aspect of Chubb LifeBalance that is included in or accessible through Chubb LifeBalance; (iii) separate components of Chubb LifeBalance for use on different devices; (iv) publish, copy, rent, lease, sell, export, import, distribute, or lend Chubb LifeBalance, unless the Company expressly authorizes you to do so; and (v) transfer the software, any software licenses, or any rights to access or use Chubb LifeBalance.
- All copyright, database right, patent, other intellectual property right, title and interest in and to Chubb LifeBalance and any Information (excluding the Personal Data provided by the users of Chubb LifeBalance) are and will remain the exclusive property of the Company and its licensors. The elements of Chubb LifeBalance, including but not limited to the general design and the imagery, and any Information are protected by copyright, trademark, patent and other laws relating to intellectual property rights of the jurisdiction where the Company conducts its business. Nothing in these Terms gives you a right to use the Company’s name or any of the Company’s trademarks, logos, domain names and other distinctive brand features. You are permitted to download and print your Information from Chubb LifeBalance solely for your own personal use and/or internal business purposes. You are not entitled to use Chubb LifeBalance or its contents for commercial exploitation in any circumstances. In case you breach the terms of this provision, the Company will have the right to claim damages on an indemnity basis against you which shall include the right to claim special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages and loss of profits, and reasonable attorneys’ fees.
- Whilst the Company endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the Information and the methodology by which it is generated, neither the Company nor any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, affiliates and licensors may be held responsible for any omissions or errors of the Information or for any loss or damages which may subsequently arise.
- Any Information transmitted to Chubb LifeBalance will pass over public telecommunications networks. Although the Company uses industry standard encryption technology, and if applicable, uses encryption software that is subject to the rules and conditions prescribed by applicable laws governing the Company, it does not give any warranty or undertaking and does not make any representation that the operation of Chubb LifeBalance will be secure, delay free, uninterrupted or error free.
- Chubb LifeBalance may contain links to third-party websites or materials supplied by or contained on any third-party websites which is linked from or to Chubb LifeBalance. The Company does not accept any responsibility or liability for:
(a) the availability or accuracy of such third-party websites or material; or
(b) the content, products or services on or available from such third-party app/website or materials. Links to such websites or materials do not imply any endorsement by the Company of such app/websites or materials or the content, products or services available from such websites or materials. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risks arising from your use of any such websites or materials.
- The Company provides the content of Chubb LifeBalance and any Information in good faith, but your access to and use of Chubb LifeBalance is at your own risk. The Company operates Chubb LifeBalance on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of any copyrights, database rights, patents, trademarks or any other intellectual property rights in the jurisdiction in which you access and/or use Chubb LifeBalance. The Company gives no warranty or undertaking or representation for the completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security or reliability of Chubb LifeBalance or that the Information is of satisfactory quality, up to date or free from viruses, trojans or other harmful or malicious programs. The Company will not be responsible or liable for any harm to your computer system, loss of data or other harm resulting from your access to or use of the App/Website or for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any Personal Data or Information and other communications. The Company makes no warranty that the App/Website will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, delay-free or error-free basis. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from the Company or Chubb LifeBalance, shall create any implied warranty.
- The Company including its directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, affiliates and licensors shall in no way be responsible for any decisions you may make based on the use of Chubb LifeBalance and/or the Information including but not limited to whether or not you choose to seek professional medical care or treatment. You hereby waive any claim you may have or acquire against the Company or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, affiliates and licensors and indemnify and hold the Company or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, affiliates and licensors harmless from any claims, proceedings, costs, special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages, or other intangible losses and loss of profits relating to or resulting from:
(a) your access to or use of or inability to access or use Chubb LifeBalance;
(b) the use of any Information; and
(c) any unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions of Personal Data, in each case however they may arise and whether based on contract, tort or any other legal basis, whether or not foreseeable and irrespective of whether the Company has been informed in advance about the possibility of such damage.
- If applicable, the Company allows you to register for the participation in fitness activity challenges among certain or all users of the Chubb LifeBalance which may be initiated by users (“Challenges“) or the Company (“Public Challenges“). By registering, you acknowledge that such participation may be potentially hazardous activity and that you are participating at your sole risk and responsibility. You further acknowledge that you will not make use of means or behave in a way that can reasonably be considered as contrary to the general rules of fairness. The Company reserves the right to screen and verify your activity and to temporarily or permanently exclude you from a Challenge or Public Challenge or from Challenges or Public Challenges in general or to suspend or terminate your account in case the Company reasonably believes that such measure is necessary to:
(a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
(b) enforce any acknowledgements you made, including the investigation of a potential violation thereof; or
(c) to protect the rights, property or reputation of the Company, its users and the public,
if applicable and in cases where Public Challenges feature prize money, such prize money (less any tax or other deductions) will be paid out to the users achieving the best result. The assessment of such best result is separately defined for each Public Challenge. In case of a tie between the achievements of two or more users, the prize money will be equally shared between such users. Any decisions of the Company regarding Challenges or Public Challenges are final.
- The Company may engage you on premium discount campaigns or product offerings initiated by the Company or one of its affiliates (“Campaigns”). By registering or signing into Chubb LifeBalance, you acknowledge and agree that your Personal Data with the meaning under paragraph 1 herein may be used by the Company for the assessment of your eligibility for the Campaigns. The Campaigns will be subject to their own terms and conditions. The Company reserves the right to vary, suspend or terminate the Campaigns and amend the terms and conditions without prior notice. Any decisions of the Company regarding Campaigns are final.
- The failure of the Company to enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not be deemed to be a waiver of such right or provision.
- We may revise these Terms from time to time. The most current version will be available at https://www.chubb.com/hk-en/chubblifebalance/terms.html. The revised Terms shall become effective from the date of publication on Chubb LifeBalance. Should these changes be substantial, we will provide you with notice and, where required by applicable law, obtain your consent. This notice will be provided by email or by publication on Chubb LifeBalance.
- The Company operates Chubb LifeBalance from the jurisdiction it conducts business in and the Information is deemed to have been delivered in that jurisdiction. You are only allowed to access Chubb LifeBalance if you are entitled to enter into a binding contract with the Company and are not a person barred from accessing Chubb LifeBalance according to the applicable law. You undertake to access Chubb LifeBalance solely in compliance with these Terms and all applicable rules and regulations. Chubb LifeBalance is not directed to any person to whom (by reason of such person’s nationality, residence or otherwise) the publication or availability of Chubb LifeBalance is prohibited. Persons to whom such restrictions apply must not access Chubb LifeBalance. If you choose to access Chubb LifeBalance, you are solely responsible for compliance with any laws applicable to you.
- These Terms and the use of Chubb LifeBalance shall in all respects be governed by the laws of the jurisdiction where the Company is formed and licensed to operate as an insurer. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and/or the use of Chubb LifeBalance shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the jurisdiction that the Company conducts its business, and you consent to such jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum.
- In the event of any ambiguity or inconsistency between the English version and the local language of your jurisdiction with these Terms, the English version will prevail.
Chubb Life Insurance Company Limited
33rd Floor, Windsor House,
311 Gloucester Road,
Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Hotline: +852 2894 9833
Chubb Life Assurance Public Company Limited
130-132 Sindhorn Building, Tower 1,
11th-12th Floor, Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan,
Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Chubb Life Insurance Myanmar Limited
18F Myanmar Centre Tower 2,
192 Kabar Aye Pagoda Road, Bahan Township,
Telephone: +95 9 7500 66 908