As the weather warms up across the country, you may be looking to spend time on the water with immediate family members as a safe way to social distance. While boating can be a good way to enjoy the outdoors as other activities are restricted, you will still need to take precautions.
Some areas of the country have restricted marinas, boat ramps, and fuel docks, while other areas are formally announcing the opening of marinas and boatyards for recreational use. Here are a few resources we’ve compiled that you can use to stay up to date with these rapidly changing guidelines and laws:
- Chubb.com: Boating and Social Distancing Animated Video
- NMMA.org: COVID-19 State Impacts: Outdoor Access State Resource
- Discoverboating.com: Boat Landing Access Map by State
- Discoverboating.com: Navigating Local Restrictions & Safe Social Distancing
- Dockwa.com and Snag-A-Slip: Locate and make reservations at marinas across the country (Dockwa.com and Snag-A-Slip)