Preferred Provider (PPO) Information:
Chubb encourages participation in the PPO as it can be considered a benefit to obtaining timely medical care for employees. The information below outlines the enrollment process. A formal implementation is required.
- In New York an employer can direct care for 30 days if they enroll in managed care.
- After 30 days an employee "can opt out" of the network.
- The certified network used by Chubb is managed by Corvel Corporation.
- Employers who have a union(s) must collectively bargain, and must engage the union in such bargaining with respect to PPO participation
The set up process has been streamlined to facilitate bringing the PPO to your workplace.
Here are the steps you can follow:
- Step 1. Sign and notarize the Affirmation A for all nonunion employees. If there is a union(s) the Affirmation B must be collectively bargained, signed and notarized additionally.
- Step 2. Mail the completed forms to the address below within 10 days. Policy and Program Development Workers' Compensation Board 328 State Street Schenectady NY 12305
- Step 3. Send copies of the Affirmation letter(s) filed with NY state to Chubb via email to NY_PPO_Mail@chubb.com.
- Step 4. Notify Employees of the decision to participate in the New York Workers Compensation PPO program via company intranet and/ or have the employee sign the acknowledgment letter in the Corvel Employee Handbook which indicates the employer is a participant in NY Managed Care.
- Handbooks and directories will be provided by Corvel via mail upon receipt of the applicable Affirmation letter(s).
- Step 5. Post a Certified Poster in visible areas.
- Step 6. Provide an Employee Handbook to the employee at the time an employee reports a work related injury or condition.
- Step 7. Use the CorVel network to direct care www.corvel.com or 1-800-Corvel-1
Chubb’s Nurse Consultants are available to answer PPO questions. The best means of reaching a Nurse Consultant is via email at: NY_PPO_Mail@chubb.com. You will receive a response within 2 business days. In the event that your question is of an urgent nature, please contact our claim office and ask to be transferred to a Nurse Consultant.
Main phone: (201) 356-5100
How To Find Medical Providers In The Network
To find medical providers use the following instructions to access the online Corvel PPO:
- Go to http://www.corvel.com
- Click "Provider Look-up"
- Click "Find a Provider"
- Select a Network "NYS Preferred Provider"
- Enter your zip code
- Under Specialty, select "Occupational Medical Center", then click "Find Providers"
- This will provide you with a list of medical clinics in your area that are part of the PPO
At Chubb, we believe that timely, early reporting of a claim is the best approach to containing your workers compensation costs and assuring your employees receive appropriate medical care. Participation in the PPO will help support medical cost containment and facilitate prompt return to work. If you do not already participate in the PPO and are interested in participating, please notify Chubb prior to implementation so that you will be in compliance.
Thank you for your cooperation.
For more information about claim management services from Chubb, contact your insurance agent or broker.