Offers broad coverage for claims brought by partners and for claims for failure to make partner; it also includes:
- Punitive damages coverage, where insurable by law
- Defense expenses coverage for breach of written employment contract claims
- No "intentional acts" exclusion, subject to applicable state law
- Advancement of defense expenses on a current basis prior to the disposition of a claim
- Broad definition of "Employment Practices Wrongful Act," including coverage for actual or alleged wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, third-party discrimination, third-party harassment and other workplace torts
- Early claim incentive endorsement: policy holders who notify Chubb within 15 business days of an employment claim receive a 10% reduction (up to $50,000) in their deductible
Chubb is committed to a high level of professionalism, open dialogue, and amicable dispute resolution. The result is prompt, efficient, and fair claims handling. With ABA Employers EdgeSM, Chubb's claims attorneys work directly with the insured to determine the most viable options when handling employment-related claims.
Recognizing the increase in employment-related claims in the law firm community and the increasing complexity of the employer-employee relationship, ABA Employers EdgeSM provides firms with a risk management program to further educate and assist insureds regarding the perils associated with employment-related exposures. Chubb's risk management program includes access to our multifaceted EPL Prevention Program.
Resources include a wide array of employment tools and information available via web-based ChubbWorks, access to a toll-free hotline and a panel of consultants, and more - all designed to help you reduce your EPL exposures.