From equipment malfunctions at the veterinary office to the spread of infectious diseases at the groomers – pet care professionals face many unique exposures. Accidents and injuries are unpredictable, especially when handling animals. Pet care professionals need an insurance solution that can properly cover their facilities, workers, and most importantly, our pets.
That’s where Chubb’s business owners’ policy (Chubb BOP) comes in. Chubb Small Commercial Insurance (SCI) offers a robust solution specifically designed for small businesses in the pet care industry with up to $30M in revenue. Valuable coverages automatically included in the Chubb BOP include:
- Emergency evacuation expenses - reimbursement for the costs associated with an emergency evacuation of animals, as well as the cost to return the animals back to the pet care’s operation
- Contamination (not otherwise insured) - provides coverage for the loss or damage to a covered property or the loss of business income caused by or resulting from contamination
Additional optional coverages include:
- Errors and omissions - protects the pet care facility, their workers, and other pet care professionals against claims of inadequate work or negligent actions while providing pet care services such as pet grooming, day care, sitting, walking, etc.
- Kennel cough - provides coverage if there is suspicion that a kennel cough infection was spread throughout a pet care operation. Coverage pays:
- to clean and disinfect the facility, equipment, and tools
- for veterinarian expenses should other animals need to be treated
- for the loss of business income
- additional advertising expenses to restore reputation
- Mobile equipment breakdown - extends equipment breakdown coverage to include equipment not located at the pet care facility, as well as in or on a vehicle used for business
To learn about additional coverages to meet the unique needs of pet care professionals and how Chubb BOP can better protect them from the unexpected, please contact your Chubb SCI territory sales leader.