Customarq General Liability insurance can be purchased either packaged with property insurance, or monoline.
- It addresses a wide range of liability loss exposures, falling into two categories:
- Premises and operations liability — liability for conditions or activities arising out of the premises or operations of a company
- Products and completed operations liability — liability of a company to a user who is harmed by products manufactured, sold or distributed by the company
- Customarq general liability policy form can be purchased on an occurrence basis or a claim-made basis.
- Provides primary protection for bodily injury, property damage, advertising injury and personal injury to a third party for which a company is liable.
- Provides a separate advertising/personal injury aggregate limit that is not subject to a general aggregate limit.
- Worldwide coverage territory for suits brought in the United States, its possessions or territories, or Canada
- Vendors, lessors of premises, lessors of equipment and employees are included as insureds
- Existing subsidiaries, including unscheduled partnerships, joint ventures, professional corporations and limited liability companies, automatically included as insureds
- New subsidiaries, including unscheduled partnerships, joint ventures, professional corporations and limited liability companies, afforded named insured status to the end of the policy period
- Written contractual liability for bodily injury, property damage, advertising injury and personal injury
- Oral contractual liability for bodily injury and property damage
- Definition of personal injury includes discrimination, harassment and segregation (other than employment-related)
- Definition of bodily injury includes humiliation, mental anguish, mental injury and shock resulting from physical injury
- Medical expenses, including injury to insured’s tenants and persons working on insured’s behalf
When does a company need Chubb’s Customarq General Liability protection? Consider these scenarios:
- A manufacturer of power meat slicers is sued alleging that the safety guard on the slicer failed to perform, resulting in partial amputation of a right thumb and finger. The manufacturer is found liable. Customarq General Liability would respond to the $250,000 loss.
- A tenant in a condominium complex falls down an improperly lit interior stairwell and suffers significant injuries. The real estate owner is sued for negligence and found liable. Customarq General Liability would respond to the $125,000 loss.
- A retailer of nutritional products sells private health information about individuals obtained from its franchises. Those individuals bring a class action suit against the retailer seeking damages for their injuries resulting from the disclosure of this information. Customarq General Liability would respond to the $600,000 in damages plus significant defense expenses.
With Customarq's global extension, a company’s overseas operations receive the same quality protection provided in the domestic program. Chubb can insure domestic and foreign exposures, including protection against differences in conditions / differences in limits contained in policies issued in a foreign country.