Medical Provider Network (MPN) Background:
California enacted rules establishing the Medical Provider Network (MPN) as an option for employers. The purpose of the MPN is to provide timely, appropriate medical care to injured employees. Chubb encourages participation in the MPN as it can be considered a benefit to employees. The information below outlines the initial process and maintenance activities of the MPN. A formal implementation is no longer required.
The set up process has been streamlined to facilitate bringing the MPN to your workplace. These are the steps:
- Step 1. Locate the Chubb underwriting company as identified in your current Worker’s Compensation policy.
- Step 2. Locate the corresponding packet attached below. The packet contains the DEV-7, the CA requires posting notice, and the Employee Information Packet.
0265 Northwestern Pacific
0266 Pacific Indemnity
0267 Federal Insurance
0268 Vigilant Insurance
0269 Great Northern Insurance
0270 Chubb Indemnity
0271 Chubb National
0272 Executive Risk
- Step 3. Complete the employer segments of the DWC-7
- MPN effective date which is the date you elect to participate in the MPN.
- Policy Expiration Date.
- Step 4. Post the DWC-7, the mandatory CA posting, in an area that is readily accessible to all employees.
- Step 5. Optional – Post the MPN Medical Access
- Step 6. Complete the Attestation Form and return it to Chubb via email: CA_MPN_Mail@Chubb.com.
MPN Maintenance Activities:
- Maintain the DWC posting.
- Provide employees with the Employee Packet at the time an employee reports a work related injury or condition.
Chubb’s Nurse Consultants are available to answer MPN questions. The best means of reaching a Nurse Consultant is via email at: CA_MPN_Mail@Chubb.com. You will receive a response within 2 business days. In the event that your question is of an urgent nature, please contact our claim office and ask to be transferred to a MPN Nurse Consultant.
Toll Free (800) 821-5009
Find Medical Providers
To find medical providers use the Medical Access Assistant line or use the following instructions to access the online Corvel MPN:
- Go to http://www.corvel.com
- Click "Provider Look-up"
- Click "Find a Provider"
- Select a Network "California MPN"
- Enter your zip code
- Under Specialty, select "Occupational Medical Center", then click "Find Providers"
- This will provide you with a list of medical clinics in your area that are part of the MPN
At Chubb, we believe that timely, early reporting of a claim is the best apprach to containing your workers compensation costs and assuring your employees receive appropriate medical care. Participation in the MPN will help support medical cost containment and facilitate prompt return to work. If you do not already participate in the MPN and are interested in participating, please notify Chubb prior to implementation so that you will be in compliance.
Thank you for your cooperation.
For more information about claim management services from Chubb, contact your insurance agent or broker.