Chubb Forefront policyholders also have the benefit of a free one-hour commercial and employment contract review provided by our partner law firm. Any support needed beyond the free one-hour review can be negotiated directly with our partner law firm.
The contract support involves a free one-hour commercial contract review where our partner will assist with establishing:
- Does the contract clearly set out what each party’s obligations and
- Are the payment terms clear?
- Is it clear what should happen if something goes wrong?
- Does the contract contain any onerous terms concerning the
limitation of liability?
- Does the contract contain robust confidentiality terms?
- Is the contract consumer law compliant?
Additionally, there is a free one hour employment contract, policy and procedure review to assist with establishing:
- Does the contract contain the particulars as required by section 1 of the Employment Rights Act 1996?
- Does it adequately limit the rights of the employee during the probation period?
- Does the wording give any contractual rights concerning
- Can the company rely on the right to vary flexibility clause or does it need to be extended?
- Do wages comply with NMW rates? Is there a right to make deductions from wages with regard to monies due, overpayments etc?
- Do hours of work comply with the Working Time Regulations? Are opt out agreements required?
- Are post-termination restrictions reasonable?
- Does the company have adequate rights concerning sickness benefits in terms of medical investigation and right to dismiss?
- Does holiday pay comply with the Working Time Regulations? Do they need further clarification in terms of notice rights, calculations and accrual provisions?
- Does the company have the right to pay the employee in lieu of notice or to place the employee on garden leave?