Guidelines for insureds and brokers: Premises operating on a limited basis, temporarily closed or experiencing a change of use as a result of COVID-19
Last update June 2020
- We will continue to provide continuity of cover from the date of closure for any insured premises that is temporarily closed or operating on a limited basis due to COVID-19 restrictions as a result of the Government guidance.
- The insureds should:
- Continue to take appropriate steps to mitigate the risk of damage whilst the premises are impacted.
- Comply with any policy conditions to the best of their ability and to the extent this is reasonably practicable.
- Notify their Chubb Underwriter if there is a change of use, if any insured location is requisitioned or the insured volunteers the premises for alternative use during the COVID-19 situation.
- Notify their Chubb Underwriter if they do not intend to re-open and premises are to be unoccupied on a permanent or extended period.
- Follow our Risk Management Guidelines to the best of their ability:
- Should any of the above guidelines prove impracticable, please referred to your Chubb Underwriter.
- Large and multinational clients might necessitate a more specific and tailored response. These should be referred to your Chubb Underwriter.
For more information, please contact your Chubb Underwriter.