- We will provide continuity of cover for up to 90 consecutive days from the date of closure for any insured premises that is temporarily closed or operating on a limited basis due to COVID-19 restrictions as a result of the Government guidance. There is no need for immediate notification from the insured in these circumstances for continuity of cover.
- If any insured location is requisitioned or the insured volunteers the premises for alternative use during the COVID-19 situation, then a change of use should be notified to your Chubb Underwriter.
- The insured should:
1. Follow our Risk Engineering guidelines. Download them below.
2. Continue to take appropriate steps to mitigate the risk of damage whilst the premises are impacted. Should this prove impracticable please, contact your Chubb Underwriter.
3. Comply with any policy conditions to the best of their ability and to the extent this is practicable.
- Vacancy beyond 90 days requires notification from the insured and the ongoing approach will be assessed by the underwriter on a case by case basis.
- Large and multinational clients might necessitate a more specific and tailored response. These should be referred to your Chubb Underwriter.
For more information, please contact your Chubb Underwriter.