Chubb has a broad appetite to write a wide range of risks for contractors performing maintenance tasks commonly performed by a ship repairer including vessel manufacturing.
Our target market also includes Marina operators who perform services on vessels including but not limited to the provision of:
- Berths and moorings
- Boating equipment
- Lifting/Carrying equipment
- Slipway operations
- Boating information
What it Covers
Chubb’s MSL Insurance protects your business from standard liability exposures, including legal liabilities for personal injury and third party property damage. It also incorporates Ship Repairers liability coverage for contractors that perform maintenance work and those involved in the manufacturing of marine vessels.
- Liability for third party personal injury
- Products liability
- Liability for damage to property including a vessel and vessel parts
- Damage includes the full value of the vessel or vessel parts
- Machinery or equipment removed ashore and property damage to cargo on or discharged from vessels
- Indemnity for removal of wreck expenses that occur as a result of property damage to a vessel
- Coverage for consequential loss and legal defence costs
- Coverage for testing and commissioning – sea trials
- Statutory liability extension up to $5,000,000
This policy is designed to be an effective risk transfer solution for marina operators and contractors that’ll bridge the gap between General Liability cover and Ship Repairers cover required for standard clauses.