Now that many of us are working from home (WFH), are you feeling isolated from your colleagues and missing your daily interactions? Here are 5 tips to continue your interactions and make work from home fun!
- Show & Tell
- Showcase your Workspace – After you have settled on your workspace, decorate it if you have the space and compete on who has the cleanest or messiest desk!
The cleanest workspace.
- Introduce your new co-workers. They can be your loved ones or your pet. Bring them to your online meeting with your colleagues!
This co-worker sleeps on the job!
- WFH Cribs – Show your teammates a room in your house you spend the most time in!
- Breaks – share the breaks that you have been taking e.g. enjoying a vision break by looking out from your balcony or your rooftop.
- Get Creative
- Have a theme – Get creative with your meetings by having a theme e.g. Mad Hatters Day
- Pantry chats – Have a separate WhatsApp group / Microsoft Teams chat where people can come on to just chat about anything! Just like how you would if you bump into each other in the office!
- Play a game e.g. organize a team call, have a drink and have each colleague share three things about oneself, of which two are real and one is false. The others will then make a guess on which one is false.
- Dress up for your meetings! Your team could have a common theme, e.g., Polka dots, something yellow, sunglasses – use your imagination!
Steve Crouch, Chubb’s Country President in Malaysia, is all dressed up in something yellow for his team meeting.
- Holiday Dress Up – With travelling restricted, we can at least dress like we’re on a holiday, right? Beachwear for a beach holiday?
- Let’s Eat/Drink
- Continue having team lunches together by eating together over lunchtime!
- Have a lunch competition on who can make the fanciest/healthiest lunch to bring to the meeting. Get your colleagues drooling over your food.
- Schedule a Happy Hour and drink a toast to the week. Work from Home is different, but it can be fun with a cold drink.
- Let’s Celebrate
- Birthday celebrations don’t have to stop. Deliver a birthday cake to the birthday girl/boy and celebrate!