Please give us your feedbackWeb Site Feedback  
Home    Report a Loss    Find an Agent - Get a Quote    Contact Us    Site Index

Resource CenterFAQsDiscountsChubb CoverageTips/ToolsCatastrophe AssistanceGo Back

    About My Bill: About Filing a Claim: About Insurance Coverage: I'm Already a Customer... Obtaining a Quote About Using The Site:

About My Bill:
When does Chubb mail me the bill?
We mail insurance bills approximately 18 days before the payment due date.
What are the various payment frequencies for paying my bill? Can I pay annually, rather than monthly?
When you receive your bill, you have the choice of paying the minimum amount due, the total premium due or any amount in between, as long as the total amount due is paid on time. If you select to pay your premium in installments using one of the multiple payment methods Chubb offers, we will charge you an additional fee which can vary.
Where should I send my payment?
Please include your 16-digit billing account number on your check and mail it to:

ALL payments to:
      Chubb Group of Insurance Companies
      P.O. Box 7247-0180
      Philadelphia, PA 19170-0180

If you are sending your payment via an overnight service:
      Chubb Group of Insurance Companies
      202 Hall's Mill Road (CPI)
      Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889-1600
      Attn: Cash Unit
Can I pay my insurance bill online?
Yes, Chubb offers an array of payment options for you.*

Chubb AutoPay - Pay Chubb Directly
Have your premium automatically and securely withdrawn from your checking, savings or money market account by Chubb. To enroll in or maintain your AutoPay service, click select eServices in the black navigation bar, and select Chubb AutoPay. Existing registered users can log in and manage their autopay information by selecting Pay My Bills from the black navigation bar.

CheckFree Services - one time or autopay
Pay one time or setup for automatic autopay service via electronic funds transfer from your checking or savings account with Chubb's preferred vendor CheckFree**. Registered web users can enroll or maintain this payment service from the Bill Payment Center.

* Not all payment options are available to all policyholders.
** CheckFree Services Corporation and Bill Matrix Corporation are neither owned by nor affiliated with Chubb. Once you are on their website, your activities are governed by the terms and conditions that apply to CheckFree's and/or Bill Matrix's website.
How do I pay my Chubb bill immediately?
Chubb offers a pay-by-phone service designed to be a convenient and inexpensive way to submit last-minute premium payments. To use this service, call 1.800.682.4822 on a touch-tone phone. Be sure to have your 8 to 10-digit policy number and a debit/ATM card number OR your personal checking account number and 9-digit bank routing number ready when you call. Payments made by phone will be credited to your Chubb account within 12 hours.
Can I use a different bank account to pay for different accounts?
Yes you can use different bank accounts to pay for different accounts. You will have to enroll and maintain them separately.
Are there any of my Chubb Accounts that I cannot pay online/electronically?
Only your direct billed accounts for policies on My Policies - Online Desktop are available on the Bill Payment Center. To view all available accounts select Show All Accounts.
Brokerage accounts may not be used and your bank institution must be a member of the Automated Clearing House Network (ACH). Chubb AutoPay is not available for Agency billed accounts, mortgagee escrowed policies or payroll deducted accounts.
How do I add another account to my Bill Payment Center?
As long as it is an eligible account (see question above), you will need to add the corresponding policy to your Online Desktop. Click on My Policies and select Add Another Policy. When you return to the Bill Payment Center, you will see any accounts associated to that policy displayed.
How do I know if I am actively enrolled in an autopay service?
Registered website users can access the Bill Payment Center to view all accounts and their enrollment status, along with last payment received, current amount due and current due date.
When will the Bill Payment Information be updated?
Most information is current when the Bill Payment page is displayed. New or changed enrollments can take up to 24 hours to display. Payments will display within several minutes.
How do I verify my payment has been posted to my account?
Registered website users can access the Bill Payment Center to view the date their last payment was received, all accounts and their enrollment status, along with current amount due and current due date.
Is there any cost associated with online payment options?
No, there is no cost associated with the online payment options. Please note that all applicable billing charges and fees will apply as stated on each billing invoice.

About Filing a Claim: 
What is the easiest way to file a claim?
To make a claim online, click the Report a Loss link that appears at the top of each page. If you have any questions and would like to speak directly with a representative of our Claim Service Center, please contact 1.800.CLAIMS.0 (1.800.252.4670) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

About Insurance Coverage:
  Actual coverage is subject to the language of the policies as issued.
How can I save money on my insurance?
There are two issues to consider - short-term savings and long-term savings. The short-term savings is the money that you can save if you choose the lowest premium. The long-term savings is the money that you can save if you select a policy that will save you money at the time of a claim. Generally, the long-term savings are much greater than the short-term premium reduction. For example, saving $200 on the premium up front may mean owing $2,000 when you have a claim because you are not covered or valuable choices aren't available to you. Be certain that you evaluate more than just the premium when making your personal insurance selections.
How much insurance coverage should I buy for my house?
In selecting an appropriate amount of coverage, be sure to avoid the most common consumer mistake - insuring your home for what it costs to sell (the market value), rather than what it costs to replace. Homeowner policies are designed to cover the cost of reconstructing your home should it ever be destroyed. Therefore, you should select an amount of insurance that represents the replacement value of your home. Look for a company that assists you in the valuation of your home. Additionally, look for a company that provides a payment basis called "extended replacement cost". This payment basis helps you rebuild your home even if it exceeds the amount of insurance on your policy.
When I rent a car, do I need to buy the coverage that the rental company sells?
It depends on your automobile policy. Here's why: If you damage a rental car, the rental car company may charge you for the damage to the car as well as for the rental income it loses while the car is being repaired. In order to cover these potential charges, the rental car company may try to sell you a collision damage waiver which can cost anywhere from $8-$15 per day. If your automobile policy covers rental vehicles under the liability portion of your policy, you may not need to buy the collision damage waiver if the policy provides coverage for your legal obligation to the rental agency. Additionally, you won't be charged the deductible. If your automobile policy covers rental cars from the comprehensive and collision coverages, you may only be covered for the damage to the car, but not for the loss of rental income that the rental company could charge you. What's more, you would be obligated to pay your deductible. In that case, you should consider purchasing the collision damage waiver.
Do I have coverage if I'm hit by a driver with no insurance?
Chubb estimates that 6 out of 10 drivers on the road either have no insurance or inadequate insurance to pay for a serious accident, so uninsured/underinsured motorists' coverage is a critical part of your insurance portfolio. Referred to as 'UM/UIM', this coverage helps to protect you and your family if you are hit by a driver with no insurance or insufficient insurance to pay for serious injuries or damages. You probably have some amount of UM/UIM coverage on your automobile policy, but do you have enough? If you seek substantial levels of coverage, consider a UM/UIM amount of $1,000,000.
How much liability coverage is enough?
Ask yourself how much you have to lose if you are sued. The amount of personal excess liability coverage you choose depends upon your individual requirements. Review your assets: your home, other personal belongings and investments. Select a limit that provides adequate financial protection and be certain that your insurance company can provide this limit. Also, because the cost of litigation can be very expensive, look for additional coverage for defense costs.
Is my child's property (including his computer hardware) covered while he is away at college?
As long as your child is covered under your insurance policy as a member of your household, his personal property, including the computer, would be covered. Insurance companies cover children away at school differently so check with your insurer to see if your college student is covered by your policy.
Is my jewelry fully covered by my homeowners policy?
Most people don't realize that many homeowners' policies offer only $1,000 in coverage for jewelry. Given that this limit is generally less than the cost of an average engagement ring, it is doubtful that most customers will have enough coverage for their jewelry. The solution is to purchase a Valuable Articles Policy so you can insure specific jewelry items. Tips on selecting a valuable articles policy: (1) look for a policy that doesn't mandate that you replace an item to receive the full value of the settlement, and (2) select a company that makes it easy to insure your jewelry by requiring appraisals only on high value items.
Will my insurance company allow me to have my car repaired at the body shop of my choice?
Many companies will allow you to choose a repair shop. However, if you select a repair shop that charges a labor rate greater than the one allowed by your insurer, the difference may come out of your pocket. If you don't want to pay the difference, the company will then steer you to a shop that will do the work for their allowable rate. If you prefer to do business with the repair shop of your choice, including your dealership or a specialty shop, look for a company that honors your selection and pays for it.
I drive a corporate car, provided as a benefit by my company. How can I find out if I have adequate insurance protection when I drive this car?
Talk to the individual or department at your company that manages the commercial vehicle fleet. They may be able to provide you with a copy of the commercial insurance policy, which you can then review with your independent insurance agent. Be forewarned, however: commercial auto policies may only offer standard coverages and low liability limits that you cannot change and may be inadequate for your asset protection needs. Furthermore, your company's policy may not protect you when the vehicle is driven for personal use; it may also exclude coverage for drivers other than yourself. Since typical personal automobile policies oftentimes will not insure regularly used vehicles not specifically listed on the policy (your corporate car, for example) you may be faced with a significant gap in coverage.
I live in a condominium and I've been told that I need to buy additions and alterations coverage. What is it?
Additions and alterations are permanent improvements made to condominiums and cooperatives. Many people mistakenly believe that the condominium association's policy covers interior improvements like floor coverings, cabinets, bookcases, wall coverings, kitchen appliances and light fixtures. Generally it does not. Additions and alterations coverage is protection you can purchase for interior improvements that you've made to your condominium or cooperative.

I'm Already A Customer...
How do I request a copy of my Policy papers? My Vehicle Insurance Card? My Valuable Articles Schedule?
Simply log in and select the View Policy Paper link in your Policy Information section where you can view, print or save reference copies of your policy from our web site. Or if you prefer, your insurance agent will be happy to process your request.
Which policies are not currently accessible online?
Currently, you cannot add yacht, North Carolina homeowners and auto, expatriate policies and most collector vehicles policies to your Online Desktop. If you're having trouble adding your policy to your Online Desktop, feel free to contact the Chubb Customer Care Team at our toll-free number, 1.866.324.8222 (1.866.eChubb2).
How do I change my Policy Mailing address?
Contact your insurance agent or broker with your policy mailing address change. This change will NOT affect your coverage location.
How do I change my Billing address?
If you would like your bill sent to a different address, contact your insurance agent or broker with the new billing address. This change does NOT affect your coverage location.
How do I enroll in Chubb Property Manager?
Call 1.866.444.0360 for enrollment assistance. You will be required to complete an authorization form and sign it in order to grant Chubb permission to access your property. Please provide accurate contact information so that we may quickly reach you in the event of a catastrophe. You can also access the authorization form any time at Choose "Resource Center" then "Catastrophe Assistance". You will find enrollment materials and instructions in the "Hurricane and Windstorm" area.
How do I enroll in Wildfire Defense Service?
Eligible homeowners policyholders must complete and sign an authorization form in order to enroll in this service. Doing so will grant Chubb representatives permission to access your property and take preventative measures in the event of a threatening wildfire. Look for an authorization form in your policy enhancement notification letter, policy issuance letter, or policy renewal letter. You can also access the authorization form any time at Choose "Resource Center" then "Catastrophe Assistance". You will find enrollment materials and instructions in the "Wildfire" area.
How do I change my password?
In order to help protect your personal information, Chubb requires that you answer three Challenge Questions during Registration. If you would like to change your password, you will need to answer these Challenge Questions. If you have forgotten your challenge information, please contact the Chubb Customer Care Team at our toll-free number, 1.866.324.8222 (1.866.eChubb2) to have your password reset.

Obtaining a Quote
How do I obtain a quote for coverage with Chubb?
Insurance from Chubb is available through highly skilled independent insurance agents and brokers worldwide. These insurance professionals are trained to help you determine the best insurance solutions for your unique needs, and can help manage the insurance transactions for you. To locate an independent agent or broker in your area right now, use the Find an Agent feature to the right.

About Using The Site:
What benefits does the site provide and how can I access these online services?
Our website provides our customers with many convenient online services. To name a few, you can access your policy, billing, claims information and in some cases, your appraisal information. You also can pay your bill online. In order to take advantage of these services, you must first register on to create an Online Account. Please note you will need a current copy of your policy or billing statement to complete this easy two step process. (some restrictions apply)
Which policies are not currently accessible online?
Currently, you cannot add yacht, North Carolina homeowners and auto, expatriate policies and most collector vehicles policies to your Online Desktop. If you're having trouble adding your policy to your Online Desktop, feel free to contact the Chubb Customer Care Team at our toll-free number, 1.866.324.8222 (1.866.eChubb2).
System Availability
Policy and Billing information is unavailable throughout due to scheduled system maintenance as follows:
  • 11:00 PM - 11:30 PM (EST) every other Thursday
  • 4:00 AM - 11:00 AM (EST) Sunday
System Requirements
Minimum Browser requirements for My Policies:
  • Internet Explorer 8
  • Mozilla Firefox 3.5
  • Google Chrome 11
  • Safari 5
  • Adobe Flash 10
  • Shock Wave Flash 9
Document viewer requirements for My Policies:
  • Adobe Reader 5.0 - 8.0

This information is advisory in nature. No liability is assumed by reason of the information in this document.