This seamless insurance policy covers the following areas:
- Construction of the project
- Operation of the plant or facility
- Employers liability
- Public and products liability
- Environmental liability
Within these areas we protect against many of the potential risks involved in the running of AD and solar facilities:
- Along with all risks during construction, we also include subsequent maintenance and defect liability cover.
- Delay in start-up/advance delay in start-up and primary third-party liability coverage.
- Excess casualty during the construction phase. Bespoke primary liability cover for the operational phase of the project.
- Environmental cover for new and/or historical pollution risks, including biodiversity damage and odour claims.
- Seamless first-year operational cover with an option for two years’ cover.
- First-party business interruption cover upon completion and operation of the facility.
- First-party replacement costs coverage to include green betterments.
- Transportation liability as standard for materials transported during the construction phase.
- Crisis containment management costs.
Through Chubb’s specialist experience and knowledge base, we are able to offer support and advice to clients including risk management services tailored to this specialised sector. Early involvement from our risk engineers is beneficial to the client and can ensure best practice from specification stage onwards.
Construction all risks
Cover includes construction all risks during the course of construction (plus maintenance/defect liability provisions), primary third party liability/delay in start-up or advanced loss of profits.
Cover can be arranged on a single project basis and can be extended to include owners and principals controlled or main contractors controlled policies.
Delays in start-up
Delay in start-up/advanced loss of profit for principal/owner and other, interested financial institutions and lenders. Seamless first year operational all risks cover (including machinery breakdown) and including business interruption or loss of profits. A further option of a second year’s operational cover is available with a 12-month break clause.
Excess casualty cover is available during the construction phase and bespoke primary liability cover in respect of the operational phase of the project.
Cover can be purchased for new pollution risks and includes:
- First party business interruption coverage upon completion and operation of the facility
- Automatic coverage for ongoing maintenance post construction phase
- Biodiversity damage provided as standard on all policies up to the full policy limit of liability
- First party replacement costs coverage to include green betterments
- Transportation liability as standard for materials transported during the construction period
- Pollution condition definition to specifically reference odour
- Crisis containment management costs