The Company ("We/Us") want to ensure that Our Insured Persons ("You") are confident that any personal data collected by Us is treated with the appropriate degree of confidentiality and privacy.
This Personal Information Collection Statement sets out the purposes for which
We collect and use personally identifiable information provided by You ("Personal Data"), the circumstances when Personal Data may be disclosed and information regarding Your rights to request access to and correction of Personal Data.
- Purposes of Collection of Personal Data
We will collect and use Personal Data for the purposes of providing competitive insurance products and services to You, including considering Your application(s) for any new insurance policies and administering policies to be taken out with Us, arranging the cover and administering and managing Your and Our rights and obligations in relation to such cover. We also collect the Personal Data to be able to develop and identify products and services that may interest You, to conduct market or customer satisfaction research, and to develop, establish and administer alliances and other arrangements with other organisations in relation to the promotion, administration and use of Our respective products and services. We may also use your Personal Data in other ways with your consent.
- Direct marketing
Only with your consent, We may also use your contact, demographic, policy and payment details to contact You with marketing information regarding our insurance products by mail, email, phone or SMS.
- Transfer of Personal Data
Personal Data will be kept confidential and We will not sell Your Personal Data to any third party. We limit the disclosure of Your Personal Data but, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, Your Personal Data may be disclosed to:
- third parties who assist Us to achieve the purposes set out in paragraphs a and b above. For example, We provide it to Our relevant staff and contractors, agents and others involved in the above purposes such as data processors, professional advisers, loss adjudicators and claims investigators, doctors and other medical service providers, emergency assistance providers, insurance reference bureaus or credit reference bureaus, government agencies, reinsurers and reinsurance brokers (which may include third parties located outside Hong Kong);
- Our parent and affiliated companies, or any company within Chubb local and outside Hong Kong;
- the insurance intermediary through which You accessed the system;
- provided to others for the purposes of public safety and law enforcement; and
- other third parties with your consent.
With regard to the above transfers of Personal Data, where applicable, You consent to the transfer of Your Personal Data outside of Hong Kong.
Access and correction of Personal Data
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ("PDPO"), You have the right to request access to and correction of Personal Data held by Us about You and We will grant You access to and correct Your Personal Data as requested by You unless there is an applicable exemption under the PDPO under which We may refuse to do so. You may also request Us to inform You of the type of Personal Data held by Us about You.
Requests for access or correction of Personal Data should be addressed in writing to:
Chubb Data Privacy Officer
39/F, One Taikoo Place,
979 King's Road,
Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
O +852 3191 6222
F +852 2519 3233
Your request to obtain access or correction will be considered within forty (40) days of Our receipt of Your request.
We will not charge You for lodging a request for access to Your Personal Data and if We levy any charges for providing information, such charges will not be excessive. No fee is charged for data correction requests.