Experienced Underwriter / Senior Underwiter required to form a key part of Chubb's Underwriting Team. The successful candidate will have responsibility for growth of the Portfolio with key Brokers and Clients, whislt maintaing and developing a portfolio of existing accounts.
• Financial Goals. To underwrite new business or renewals according to defined underwriting guidelines, specified budget and local business plan.
• Portfolio Integrity. To assist in formulating underwriting strategy, forecasts and portfolio management in order to achieve underwriting profitability. To ensure quality control within defined area of responsibility by undertaking quantitative underwriting reviews, running regular management meetings and peer reviews.
• Product Development. To prioritise and develop products within area of specialist expertise in order to improve client retention and new business. This may involve collaborating with peers within and across business lines in Europe as well as globally.
• Producer Management. To represent and promote Chubb corporately to brokers, internal and external clients. This may involve servicing key producers and clients, monitoring business acquisition and retention as well as maximising cross-selling opportunities.
• Procedures. To meet company standards in respect of policy documentation, timeframe for quoting new and renewal business and compliance issues.
• Operational Management. To manage junior colleagues by using the Chubb PMP and peer review process as well as providing mentoring, training and coaching where appropriate. In so doing, ensuring a high quality underwriting team. To allocate resources to meet business objectives.
• Chubb Representative. To represent and promote Chubb and maintain a permanent contact with internal colleagues and clients as well as major clients.
Knowledge & Experience
• Considerable market experience, ACII preferred. Continues to develop technical and broader business skills
• Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of Corporate Underwriting experience, the insurance market and competitors. Solid experience of dealing with brokers and clients. Results driven with ability to make own decisions and work on own initiative. An experienced professional who is recognised externally. Experience of leadership, training, mentoring and people development.
Work Location: Newcastle - Quayside
Job Function: Underwriting
Employment Type: Permanent