In today’s complex legal environment, you need an insurer that understands the unique risks faced by law firms. Chubb currently insures 90% of the largest law firms in Canada. Law firms know how to provide superior service to their clients. When it comes to insurance, these firms expect a property and liability program that recognizes the special needs of law firms and reflects the same high level of dedication to detail. In addition to a tailored suite of insurance products, Chubb offers global reach, financial strength, loss prevention expertise, and claims service.
- Consider the risks you may face:
- A client sues over an alleged error or omission, and defence expenses quickly near six-figure amounts.
- A client leaving a cocktail reception hosted by your firm is involved in a car accident and files a lawsuit.
- An employee sues you alleging harassment and age discrimination.
- A fire damages the firm’s facilities and operations.
- An employee is injured while traveling internationally on business.
The Top 10 Reasons Why Chubb Should be your Choice
1. Chubb’s expertise with Law Firms:
- Our underwriting and claims expertise within this area allows for a clear understanding of product coverages and an ability to provide industry-leading insight for your client’s unique needs.
2. Financial Stability:
- Chubb has earned the highest possible rating (A++) for financial strength from A.M. Best.
3. Automatic Blanket Limit MasterKey™
- for Law Firms’ $500,000 automatic blanket limit of insurance for 13 property coverages allows insurance dollars to be used where they are needed most following a loss.
4. One Stop Shopping:
- Our product offerings for this segment includes the standard P&C coverage, Group Excess, Professional Lines, Crime, Worldwide coverages, Workers Compensation, Kidnap and Ransom, as well as others that provide your client with comprehensive coverage.
5. Unique Property Coverages:
- The MasterKey™ for Law Firms’ property contract automatically provides coverage for electronic data and valuable papers while at a court facility or at the premises of a law firm, other than your own.
6. Business Income:
- In MasterKey™ for Law Firms, our flexible business income definition reflects the way each firm generates revenue, such as billable hours, fees for services or other sources of income.
- For the third year in a row, Chubb ranked as the #1 writer of fidelity bonds in Canada and North America, based on premium, according to the Surety & Fidelity Association of America (SFAA).
8. Impairment of Computer Services:
- This contract in the MasterKey™ package policy addresses the emerging first-party exposures presented by the Internet.
- Chubb’s reputation for claim service is legendary in the industry and our loss control and appraisal professionals provide unparalleled services tailored to the particular needs of law firms.
10. Worldwide Coverage Territory:
- With the MasterKey™ global extension, we insure domestic and foreign exposures under one policy
Safeguard your company with Chubb’s broad array of custom-tailored solutions for your business.
Property & Casualty Solutions
- Builder’s Risk
- Commercial Auto
- Commercial Package (CMP)
- Property & Liability Products
- Equipment Breakdown
- Event Cancellation
- Excess & Umbrella Liability
- Group Personal Excess Liability
- Workers Compensation
Accident & Health
Professional & Management Liability Solutions
- Commercial Crime
- Cyber Security
- Employment Practices Liability
- Fiduciary Liability
- Kidnap Ransom & Extortion
- Lawyers Professional Liability
- Management Liability
- Media Liability
- Social Engineering Crime
For a risk consultation to learn how to protect your business, find a broker in your area.