Employers Edge offers broad coverage for claims brought by partners and for claims for failure to make partner, and also includes:
- Punitive damages coverage, where insurable by law.
- Defence expenses coverage for breach of written employment contract claims.
- No "intentional acts" exclusion, subject to applicable state law.
- Advancement of defence expenses on a current basis prior to the disposition of a claim.
- Broad definition of "Employment Practices Wrongful Act." Chubb's policy form includes coverage for actual or alleged wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, third-party discrimination, third-party harassment, and other workplace torts.
Chubb is committed to a high level of professionalism, open dialogue, and amiable dispute resolution. The result is prompt, efficient, and fair claims handling. Chubb's claims attorneys work directly with the insured to determine the most viable options when handling employment-related claims.
Chubb's risk management program includes access to our multifaceted Employment Practices Loss Prevention Program. Recognizing the increase in employment-related claims in the law firm community and the increasing complexity of the employer-employee relationship, Employers Edge provides firms with a risk management program to further educate and assist insureds regarding the perils associated with employment-related exposures. Resources include a wide array of employment tools and information available via web-based ChubbWorksSM, a toll-free hotline (only in the United States), a panel of consultants, and more — all designed to help companies reduce their EPL exposures.