With business growing at a rapid rate in an industry where disruptions are becoming commonplace, hiring and training the right people, at the right time and in the right place is vital.
- Recognize your overall employee strengths and weaknessesUnderstand your current employee base – their singular and collective skills and knowledge affecting both team and business performance. Use sales figures, performance data, quality management and years of service to analyze and provide effective benchmarks.
- What are your goals?What are the team and organizational goals and objectives? Ensuring both you and your team understand your goals will help drive and direct performance. Analytics will enable you to identify the factors required to achieve your desired outcomes and detect areas where they are not being met effectively.
- Establish a link between what you have and what you wantUnderstand the link between employee skills and knowledge and your optimal business outcomes. Compare these with the organizational goals and objectives. Then identify the gap and agree suitable performance metrics to fulfill these goals and objectives.
- Find and fill gapsCompare individual employees through effective analytics. Discover skill gaps and extract trends in talent and related business objective improvements. Understanding your output will help formulate what development is required. Instead of blanket training, specific coaching can deliver a greater return on investment. If you require a new employee, hire a candidate with the right skill set to bridge gaps.
- Analyze and refinePerform regular long-term measurement and analysis. This allows you to carry out relevant and focused actions and maintain positive performance. Businesses can constantly invest in the right areas based on measured, focused and repeatable verified patterns of improvement, rather than perceived areas of need.