Business InsurancePersonal InsuranceAbout ChubbClaims & Loss ControlOur Global ReachChubb 1882
Chubb Commercial Insurance
Chubb has a wealth of experience in insuring motorsport competitors and our underwriters have knowledge and expertise in the
sector. Our bespoke package policy is available exclusively through Competition Car Insurance, one of the country’s leading
specialist motorsport brokers, and the sponsor of numerous motorsport events.
There is a need for specialist cover for motorsport competitors and our policy covers clients such as owner drivers, teams,
sponsors and shared drivers on an annual package or single event basis. We have covered competitors in a wide range of events
such as club racing, GT’s, historic racing, speed events, road rallies, corporate hospitality and many more.
You are covered for accidental damage to:
- Rolling chassis including: Space frame, tub, chassis and unitary body
- Roll cage
- Seats & belts
- Radiators, intercoolers, and heat exchangers
- Fuel systems
- Loom, electrical ancillaries and data logging equipment
- Impact damage to engine and transmission by prior arrangement
- Fire damage: The current cost of rebuilding or reinstating the vehicle following a fire during an insured event
Here are some examples of mishaps that Chubb’s motorsports accident policy has covered:
- An historic rally car rolled whilst on a rally in Africa. The accident crushed the dry sump tank, and the oil ignited in the
exhaust. The entire car was destroyed. The car was inspected as soon as the remains were returned to the UK and the claim
was agreed in full. A cheque was dispatched to the owner within a week of the inspection.
- A new Group N rally car on its first outing hit a chicane in the fog on the Isle of Man, the damage appeared light and the
car finished the event. When returned to the workshop, significant distortion to the bodyshell was discovered. An inspection
confirmed this was a result of the impact. The car was repaired and the claim was immediately paid allowing the owner to still
meet his commitment to provide a car for a subsequent customer.
- Two GT cars were both caught out in a sudden rain squall at a British GT round. Both cars hit each other and crashed at the
same corner causing substantial damage to both cars. The cars were inspected and the claim paid within two and a half weeks.
Without the quick settlement, the team would not have been able to survive the double loss.
- A Renault Clio on a track day left the track and ploughed through a gravel trap causing considerable stone damage to the car.
Thanks to the speed of our claims department, the garage had authority to proceed with repairs within 4 working days of the
accident. Within 15 working days the owner was back in his car and the repairer had been paid.