Business InsurancePersonal InsuranceAbout ChubbClaims & Loss ControlOur Global ReachChubb 1882
Cancellation of event claims examples
Chubb Commercial Insurance
Here are some examples of events mishaps that we have covered.
- An exhibition and conference due to be held on a cruise ship had to be cancelled when the ship was delayed due to mechanical
problems. We paid for the loss of revenue the organisers sustained.
- A conference due to be held in Hong Kong had to be cancelled due to the SARS outbreak which affected a number of cities around
the world. We paid for the irrecoverable costs and expenses incurred in staging the event and also the profit of the organisers.
- A requiem mass/concert in New York was cancelled when exceptionally high gusts of wind blew the roof off a temporary stage,
raising concerns about the tower holding the lights and sound equipment. We paid for the irrecoverable costs and expenses
incurred in staging the event.
- An entire pop tour was cancelled when the artist was injured in a motorcycle accident. We paid for the revenue lost by a number
- Whilst constructing a stage for a series of performances by a large Irish dance troupe in Madrid, a welder set fire to a back
drop which destroyed the theatre and all the instruments, props and costumes of the troupe. Performances in Madrid, Portugal
and France had to be cancelled until the costumes and props were replaced. We paid for the loss of revenue.