Business InsurancePersonal InsuranceAbout ChubbClaims & Loss ControlOur Global ReachChubb 1882
Chubb Commercial Insurance
The Chubb BIA insurance package policy is designed to meet the needs of BIA members, irrespective of size, stage of development
As part of our partnership with BIA, if you are a BIA member and take out our standard cover, you will enjoy extended cover
at no extra cost.
At Chubb, we offer more than just a policy - we offer a capability. Our offering includes broad cover that grows as you grow
as well as award-winning service, loss control and risk management techniques. When you are insured by Chubb you have peace
Our standard cover includes:
- Property i.e. buildings, tenants improvements, stock, computer equipment and machinery
- Research & development operations
- Research & development property i.e. cultures, lab books, trial samples
- Research & development expenditure i.e. monthly burn
- Research & development income i.e. milestone payments
- Committed costs to PDO's and other support organisations
- Business interruption including income from contract research activities
- Impairment of computer services i.e. hacking, computer virus etc
- Public and products liability
- Human clinical trials
- Employers' liability
- Errors and omissions liability
Extended cover for BIA members includes:
Contamination incident and radioactive contamination
Protects property that is susceptible to contamination from causes such as bacteria, mildew, micro-organisms, viruses (not
computer virus) etc.
Change in controlled environment
Protects valuable property in controlled environments; i.e. cell cultures, master cell banks and trial samples; against spoilage,
change in temperature or change in humidity.
Covers breakdown of laboratory and production machinery such as bioreactors, cryogenic chambers, capsule filling machines,
tablet pressers, blister packing machines, fluid bed dryers etc.
Product withdrawal expenses
Covers expenses necessarily incurred in regaining control over products if they present a substantial likelihood of causing
injury to people or damage to property. This could consist of recall notices, transport, product destruction etc.