Report a Loss
You may report a loss or submit a claim by contacting your insurance broker or by contacting us directly:
|CANADA WIDE 24 HOUR CLAIMS SERVICE
Delivering on our Promise
When you are a Chubb customer, you are purchasing a promise – Chubb’s promise to fulfill our end of the insurance bargain
and provide them with claim service that is world class.
We have taken pride in this responsibility for over 75 years. As a result, we have built a name and a reputation for providing
claim service with empathy and in a fair and prompt manner.
Over the years, as claim management has become increasingly complex, we continue to be guided by principles established over
120 years ago: treat each customer the way we would like to be treated if we were to experience the same loss, with empathy,
promptness, expertise, fairness and integrity.
Here’s what our Claims Services Core Values offer you:
World Class Service
- Our claim professionals make all the difference. They have an average of seven years of experience with Chubb.
- Responding promptly is critical when a customer reports a loss. We are ready 24/7. Our service centers in Canada and the
U.S. take calls around the clock, 365 days a year.
- All international losses are handled by our Multinational Claim Unit (MCU) which handles calls in 140 languages through a
toll-free number accessible 24 hours a day.
- If catastrophe strikes-from an ice storm or a hurricane to the collapse of a building or a gas explosion-we will immediately
assemble and dispatch a team of claim professionals anywhere in the world.
- We believe that conducting business in an honourable fashion is our highest priority.
- Certain claims, due to their unique nature or complexity, require handling by claim professionals with specialized expertise.
Our claim professionals in the following areas are devoted exclusively to handling insurance claims within these disciplines:
1. Directors & Officers Liability
2. Environmental Liability
3. Ocean Cargo
5. Energy, Mining, Oil & Gas
- An insurance company’s promise to pay is only as good as its ability to pay. Chubb continues to receive high ratings for
financial stability from A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s-all independent evaluators of the insurance industry. Our
financial strength demonstrates our ability to be there when you need us most. We establish early and accurate reserves to
assure our ability to pay claims now and in the future.
Equitable Treatment of all Customers
- We take our responsibility to fulfill our promise to pay in case of a covered loss seriously. Whether you are an emerging
technology firm, a midsize exporter or a manufacturer with facilities worldwide, you can expect the same world class claim