Industry SolutionsLoss ControlProduct SolutionsAccident & HealthInternationalElectronics & ITLife SciencesTelecommunicationsPower ProductionClaims AssistanceForms & ApplicationsSell Sheets
Executive Elite - Clause 1 ('Side A') Excess D&O Liability
Chubb Specialty Insurance
Consider: When a company's directors and officers are sued, what protection do they have when the organization:
- Fails or refuses to indemnify a director or officer, even if it has an obligation to do so and is financially solvent?
- Is sued along with the directors and officers, and the directors and officers (D&O) liability insurance policy limits are
consumed by the policy's entity coverage, leaving no coverage for the directors and officers?
- Is financially unable to indemnify its directors and officers against claims made against them?
- Is prevented by law (domestic or international) from indemnifying its directors and officers for the particular claim at issue?
The frightening answer could be none -unless the directors and officers have D&O liability insurance with their own dedicated limit of liability.
The Solution: Executive EliteSM by Chubb
- Helps protect the personal assets of directors and officers by covering claims where the corporate entity is unwilling or
unable to provide indemnification to its leadership team.
- Provides broad form excess Clause 1 ("Side A") D&O liability coverage, featuring difference-in-conditions (DIC) drop-down
coverage that fills in potential coverage gaps that may exist under restrictive or unresponsive underlying insurance.
- Offers Chubb’s unique “Director Protector” Endorsement, which allows organizations to tailor coverage to the precise needs
of directors by designating limits for specified board committees.
Executive Elite - Clause 1 ('Side A') Excess D&O Liability Resource Centre