Where primary policies end, Chubb’s Umbrella Liability begins, providing flexible protection with two separate insuring agreements.
MediaGuard by Chubb
Media firms and others that gather and disseminate information, face a litany of media liability exposures—any of which can
result in a lawsuit.
Environmental Site Liability
Environmental Site Liability insurance offers protection against an array of environmental risks.
Customarq for Broadcasters
For more than two decades, Chubb has been on the same wavelength as broadcasters, helping them stay on the air. We understand
why it is so important for broadcasters to properly insure towers and antennas, mobile broadcasting equipment, broadcast media
library, telephone equipment and electronic data processing equipment protection. Over the years, we have fine-tuned our Customarq for Broadcasters package policy to respond to the broadcasters’ changing needs.
Endorsed by the Media Financial Management Association (MFM), Customarq for Broadcasters package product provides specialized property insurance protection for towers and antennas, mobile broadcasting equipment,
broadcast media libraries, electronic data processing equipment and special events. Customarq also includes general liability insurance to address the liability exposures faced by broadcasters.
Automatic $250,000 Blanket Limit for Property CoveragesThis blanket limit allows a broadcaster to use insurance dollars where they are needed most following a loss. It applies to
the following property coverages:
- Accounts Receivable
- EDP Media
- Fine Arts
- Outdoor Trees, Shrubs, Plants or Lawns
- Personal Property of Employees
- Public Safety Service Charges
- Research and Development Materials
- Valuable Papers
Additional Property FeaturesKey personal property is protected on a functional replacement cost basis, such as studio equipment, transmitting equipment
and head-end facility equipment, as well as:
- Towers and antennas – including satellite earth stations, fencing, foundations, guy wires, anchors, lighting and any other permanent attachments
to the tower.
- Mobile broadcasting equipment — including any equipment installed in a mobile unit (except the vehicle itself) as well as microphones , cameras and other
portable equipment that enables you to transmit from remote sites.
- Media library—including negatives, photographs, compact discs, video, recorded commercials, historic or one-of a-kind recordings, and rare
footage. Includes cost to recreate commercials, reshoot slides, etc.
- Telephone equipment — including an automatic limit of $50,000 for loss of utilities.
- Pays for lost income and continuing expenses resulting from an insured property loss for an unlimited period of restoration
(up to the limits of your policy)
- Considers Arbitron and Nielsen ratings when settling a loss
- Automatically insures differences in conditions or differences in limits that might exist in local (admitted) insurance contracts
in countries where broadcasters do business.
- Can write the primary insurance either through Chubb companies or correspondents overseas.
- Broad “who is an insured” provision.
- Automatically includes employees (including leased workers), vendors, lessors of premises, lessors of leased equipment and
volunteers as insureds.
- Protects broadcasters from the liability that can arise out of promotional and charity events such as concerts, sports tournaments
and celebrity autograph sessions.
Chubb offers a full complement of additional products to meet the insurance needs of broadcasters. These include:
Service and Strength
Chubb delivers more than solid insurance products. We support our customers through our renowned services, extensive global
network and financial strength.
Chubb's reputation for outstanding service is built on a consistent track record of performance by its global network of loss
control and claim professionals. Our loss control professionals are experienced in making risk assessments and proposing practical
remediation to help mitigate or prevent losses. Should a loss occur, our exceptional claim service is available anytime/anywhere
in more than 140 languages through a toll-free number or via the Internet.
Our financial strength continues to earn high ratings from A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s, leading evaluators of
insurance companies. Financial strength, combined with our underwriting expertise and claim service, means you can count on
Chubb to be there when you need us most.
Learn more about: