Use these resources to learn effective risk management techniques and help safeguard against loss.
Errors & Omissions Liability
Integrity+ by Chubb delivers solid, scaleable solutions for Information and Network Technology Companies.
Reputation Injury & Communications
Intellectual property, together with a communications strategy, gives an organization its identity and image.
Excess & Umbrella Liability
Chubb’s Umbrella and Excess products provide a proven way to help protect you from spiraling legal costs and high liability
Chubb delivers a powerful combination of underwriting know-how, innovative products, exceptional client service, integrity
and world presence.
Property & Casualty
For the information and network technology industry, typical insurance simply won’t do. Information and network technology
companies thrive on innovation and change. Chubb can keep pace. Chubb's Customarq Classic property policy has been customized to address the risks that are unique to this industry.
Chubb's Customarq Classic property policy offers numerous advantages not commonly found in other policies. These include:
- An automatic $500,000 blanket limit that applies separately to 12 different property coverages including EDP Property and Research & Development Property
- “All-risk” perils
- Water damage protection for vital EDP and Research & Development Property including backup of sewers and drains, seepage through
basement, surface water and pipe burst
- Change in temperature or humidity
- Electric arcing, mechanical breakdown and steam explosion
- Impairment of Computer Services — Malicious Programming provision addresses emerging first-party exposures presented by the Internet and increasing reliance on electronic information
for business activities.
- Valuation automatically includes the cost of replacement at the same or another site, ordinance or law (up to building, personal property
and business income limits) and selling price on finished stock.
- Automatic limits are offered for many property exposures:
- Any Other Location
- Exhibition, Fair or Trade Show
- Newly Acquired Premises
- In Transit
- Debris Removal
Chubb’s business income with extra expense and research & development income insurance sets the standard for the industry.
It automatically includes the following features:
- A combined limit for business income, extra expense and research & development income that:
- Separates manufacturing operations from R&D operations
- Assures that an operating loss arising from the insured's regular operations does not affect an insured's ability to collect
for continuing R&D expenses
- Includes grants, endowments and other financial contributions in the definition of research and development income
- New product-to-market delay protection for a loss suffered during the development stage that prevents getting the product to market on time. Chubb provides insurance
for the lost income that would have been earned if the product had gotten to market on time.
- An option for unlimited period of restoration that provides the critical time technology firms need to get up and running after a catastrophic event occurs.
- Worldwide dependent business premises, including extra expense for technology firms that rely on the products or services of others. If a critical service is lost for even one day, it
could mean lost revenue. Chubb provides the necessary extra expenses needed to stay in business.
- Loss of utilities (including the Internet) is critical protection for EDP-dependent companies.
Chubb's general liability policy provides primary protection for bodily injury, property damage, advertising injury and personal
injury to a third party for which a company is liable. The rapid rise of the Internet has dramatically increased the potential
for libel, intellectual property and invasion of the right of privacy offenses and Chubb has kept pace. Standard policies
do not adequately protect companies against these exposures. General Liability protection from Chubb has many tailored features:
- The coverage territory is worldwide for suits brought in the United States, its territories or possessions, Canada or Puerto
- Written contractual liability for bodily injury, property damage, advertising injury and personal injury is included.
- There is a separate advertising/personal injury aggregate limit that is not subject to the general aggregate limit.
- The definition of advertising injury includes infringement of a registered trademark in an advertisement.
- The definition of bodily injury includes humiliation, mental anguish, mental injury and shock resulting from physical injury
- Vendors are automatically included as insureds.
- Lessors of equipment and premises are automatically included as insureds.
- New subsidiaries, including unscheduled partnerships, joint ventures, professional corporation and limited liability companies,
are automatically included as insureds
Chubb offers a full complement of additional insurance products, including commercial automobile, workers compensation, umbrella/excess,
directors & officers, crime, employment practices liability, and kidnap/ransom and extortion insurance.
Service and Strength
For more than 20 years, Chubb has been a leader in providing insurance to the technology industry. Through every stage of
a company’s development, we offer superior support through our global network of dedicated technology underwriters, loss control
and claim specialists.
Chubb's reputation for outstanding service is built on a consistent track record of performance by its global network of loss
control and claim professionals. Our loss control and risk consulting professionals are experienced in making risk assessments
and proposing practical remediation to help mitigate or prevent losses. Their knowledge of fire prevention, disaster recovery
planning, cargo security and asset protection can help companies meet or exceed local safety and protection requirements.
Should a loss occur, our exceptional claim service is available anytime/anywhere in more than 140 languages through a toll-free
number or via the Internet.
Our financial strength continues to earn high ratings from A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s, leading evaluators of
insurance companies. Financial strength, combined with our underwriting expertise and claim service, means you can count on
Chubb to be there when you need us most.
Learn more about: