Excess & Umbrella Liability
Chubb’s Umbrella and Excess products provide a proven way to help protect you from spiraling legal costs and high liability
Chubb delivers a powerful combination of underwriting know-how, innovative products, exceptional client service, integrity
and world presence.
Today’s mining insurance challenges range from how to properly value multimillion-dollar machinery, to the liability presented
by contractual agreements. Chubb's expertise has kept pace by adapting insurance products to meet the requirements of this
changing market around the globe.
Whether you are exploring business opportunities in Australia or managing a mining operation in Canada, Chubb can provide
your company with an array of mining insurance products, featuring large-capacity limits and specialized protection.
Chubb provides insurance to a wide range of mining operations:
- Surface and underground operations
- Coal mines
- Nonmetal mines
- Precious metal mines
- Mining processors
Chubb’s Customarq package policy responds to many specialized needs:
- $250,000* automatic blanket limit for certain property extensions that allows you to spend your insurance dollars where you need them most following a loss.(Aggregate
limit can increase to $1 million, subject to underwriting guidelines.)
- Business income, contingent business income and extra expense insurance for surface and processing facilities
- Business income valuation considers tonnage of minerals
- Boiler and machinery insurance for processing facilities and contractors equipment
- Liability protection for subsidence, blasting, and contractual liability
In addition to our hallmark Customarq package policy, Chubb can offer you a full complement of products including commercial automobile, workers compensation,
pollution liability, umbrella/excess, directors & officers, crime, employment practices liability, and kidnap/ransom and extortion
Why does a mining company need Customarq? Consider the following scenario:
When a fire erupts in a haul truck at a mining operation, the $2.5-million vehicle with a capacity of 360 tons is destroyed.
The result? Property damage. Decreased productivity. Even personal injury. Doing business in the mining industry means facing the possibility
of exposures like these every day.
- Global reach - Through an extensive network of wholly owned offices in 27 countries, Chubb provides locally admitted and global insurance
- Loss control - To help reduce the risk of loss and minimize the severity if a loss occurs, our risk engineers may offer loss-mitigation
and disaster planning services.
- Claim service - Accessible via a toll-free number from anywhere in the world, our Multinational Claim Unit provides service 24/7 in more
than 140 languages.
- Stability - Chubb consistently earns high ratings from A.M. Best Company for financial stability and from Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s
for claim-paying ability.
Learn more about: