Professional & Management LiabilityProperty & CasualtyAccident & HealthSurety BondsIndustry SolutionsLoss Control Services
Insurance for Higher Education Institutions
Managing a Higher Education institution, you focus on cutting-edge research, international studies, new technologies, accomplished
faculty and high-achieving students. Let Chubb take care of your insurance needs. We provide insurance to 50% of the top 50
liberal arts colleges listed in the U.S. News & World Report: Best Colleges 2014. As active members of the University Risk Management and Insurance Association (“URMIA”), we share our 30+ years of knowledge
at conferences and provide sponsorships and scholarship funding.
We have developed tailored insurance products and services to help protect you from myriad of hazards, including:
- A fire in the Student Center destroys computer equipment and furniture.
- A maintenance worker is injured when falling from a ladder while replacing light fixtures.
- A school vehicle collides with another vehicle resulting in bodily injury and physical damage.
- A campus visitor is seriously injured when a railing in the library atrium collapses.
- A minority student alleges failure to provide due process and discriminatory treatment while being expelled for disciplinary
- A college CFO sets up a fictitious vendor and submits fraudulent invoices which are paid by the college.
Consider the following:
- Without proper insurance protection, your institution risks learning an expensive lesson. Our Chubb's Customarq for Educational Institutions package product provides product and liability insurance tailored specifically for colleges and universities.
- Concerned about an allegation of mismanagement, failure to educate, or a lawsuit from a faculty member claiming failure to
grant tenure? Chubb's ForeFront PortfolioSM for Not-for-Profit Educational Institutions is designed specifically to meet those complex needs.
- Research buildings with chemical storage; demolition, expansion and construction activities; above and underground storage
tanks; herbicides, pesticides and fertilizers used for campus grounds–are all exposures found at college and universities.
Chubb's Environmental Solutions team can develop insurance programs tailored to your school's specific needs.
- Every country's regulations, legal system and exposures are unique. Overseeing your international branch campuses and your
ever-expanding study abroad program creates many challenges. Chubb's Multinational solutions provide insurance to meet the needs of colleges and universities.
- As the academic world expands, faculty and administrators spend more time on the road...and the risks of travel accidents
and emergencies can increase. Health, life and workers compensation insurance many not cover the risks sufficiently–and in
some cases won't cover them at all. Business Travel Accident Insurance can help fill coverages gaps, at home and abroad.
Learn more about Chubb's Property & Casualty solutions.
Learn more about Chubb's Professional & Management Liability solutions.
Learn more about Chubb's Accident and Health solutions.
Our network of experienced risk engineers with deep industry and technical expertise can help you mitigate or avoid a costly
loss. Loss Control Services
For a risk consultation to learn how to protect your institutions, find an agent in your area.
For claims, please go to Chubb's Claims Services.