Excess & Umbrella Liability
Chubb’s Umbrella and Excess products provide a proven way to help protect you from spiraling legal costs and high liability
Chubb delivers a powerful combination of underwriting know-how, innovative products, exceptional client service, integrity
and world presence.
Chubb has deep expertise—rooted in more than 25 years of experience in the renewable industry—to provide renewable energy with
tailored products and services to better manage their unique risks.
Chubb provides insurance to a wide range of power operations:
- Wind energy facilities
- Solar facilities
- Hydroelectric facilities
- Biomass facilities
- Manufacturers of solar panels, wind turbines and wind turbine components
- Geothermal facilities
- Biodiesel producers
- Methane extraction facilities
- Fuel cell producers
Whether it’s a wind farm or an ethanol facility, Chubb can provide your company with an array of renewable energy insurance
products, featuring large-capacity limits and specialized protection.
Chubb’s Customarq package policy responds to many specialized needs:
- $250,000 automatic blanket limit for certain property extensions (Aggregate limit can increase to $1 million, subject to underwriting guidelines.)
- Builder’s Risk and All-Risk Operational Property, including Machinery Breakdown insurance, provides a holistic product to seamlessly insure your renewable energy project from its development to its commercial operational
- Liability insurance provides protection for bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and advertising injury.
- Business income valuation considers historic production levels and production tax incentives value.
In addition to our package policy, Chubb offers you a full complement of products including commercial automobile, workers
compensation, pollution liability, umbrella and excess liability, directors & officers, crime, employment practices liability,
and kidnap/ransom and extortion insurance.
Why does a power company need Customarq? Consider the following scenario:
A wind turbine under construction collapses during testing, resulting in the death of a general contractor’s employee. Even
with a signed contract that holds the wind farm harmless, the general contractor’s employee’s family seeks damages, resulting
in significant defense expenses for the wind farm.
The impact of an unexpected loss like this could be catastrophic for your company.
- Global reach - Through an extensive network of wholly owned offices in 27 countries, Chubb provides locally admitted and global insurance
- Claim service - Accessible via a toll-free number from anywhere in the world, our Multinational Claim Unit provides service 24/7 in more
than 140 languages.
- Stability - Chubb consistently earns high ratings from A.M. Best Company for financial stability and from Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s
for claim-paying ability.
- Loss control - To help reduce the risk of loss and minimize the severity if a loss occurs, our risk engineers can offer loss-mitigation
and disaster planning services.
Learn more about: